• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My god.

raine

Warren Veteran
Had a message left on my machine last night by someone who had been given my no as a rescue. I recently contacted a rescue in a different county who only rehomed locally because of home checks. I wanted to give them the option of a home check provider in Oxford. Unfortunately, they gave this man my home number as he no longer wanted the rabbit, so there has obviously been a breakdown in communication.

I just called him to say I am not a rescue and he is going to take the bunny to the first rescue. I am, however, shocked by the conversation. He was very personable and middle class but he told me that all his children are grown up and his wife wanted something to cuddle so she bought a rabbit. Although they had rabbits in the past, this "one" doesn't like being cuddled. When I asked if it had been neutered he said he was unsure of the sex and it was three years old.

Should I be shocked? I am. An adult buys a rabbit because she wants to cuddle it, what happened to shopping :lol:

:? How... odd.. to put it mildly! :lol:
For this poor bunny it's no laughing matter, though. Why not buy her a cuddly toy? I hope you told him that generally rabbits DON'T like to be swooped down on and hoisted into the air... If bunnies were meant to fly, their ears would make better wings!

I'm shocked too! An ADULT bought a rabbit so she could have cuddles? Why could she not just cuddle her husband?? :lol:

I agree she should have bought a toy, you can't just give a rabbit up after 3 years because it doesn't like cuddles! I love stroking and hand feeding my buns just as much as cuddling them. And they don't even know the sex? :? Silly people :roll:

Err - I got half my buns cos I wanted Bun cuddles!! :oops: :lol: They had other ideas & I love 'em to bits, but thank God for the ones who enjoy it (Flint, Rosie, Alfie, Alex, Dusk) :lol:

Whenever I tried to cuddle my bunnies, I ended up with scratches. Snoopy and Penny aren't any different to my other bunnies before. So no, I would not recommend a rabbit as a cuddly animal.

My 5-year old is a real cuddle monster, though, he wants to hug and kiss me every 5 minutes. :roll: I must be the cuddly one.

Bavarian Bunny said:
My 5-year old is a real cuddle monster, though, he wants to hug and kiss me every 5 minutes. :roll: I must be the cuddly one.

No Way!! Lol! :lol: Bless'im!

m
xx

Back