• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are Polly and Sybil?

They are two Oxford black and white sisters who were recently adopted. They were living outside under a hutch and I have a soft spot for them.

Yay you have to have them :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: shall I mail her management :lol: :lol:

We adopted Polly & Sybil!

Hi there,

Just noticed your post (and that the forum is now up and running again - hurray!)

Polly and Sybil are both doing well. Polly had a bit of an eye infection, - which has been treated now - and a bit of a bald patch under her chin which the vet said just to keep an eye on. But other than that they are eating and pooping well and running about. :D

There are living in a big dog cage in the house with run attached at the moment. We've also got a big circle of panels for an outdoor run when we are at home with them. I was a bit concerned about the local cats getting in but we've got some mesh to tie over the top now.

My husband is also planning to build a hutch and run for the back garden for them to move into in the spring, but we've got to look into garden security too as the back garden is open from the drive. We've seen a rather nice big rabbit penthouse hutch in the local pet shop we will probably model the new hutch on!

I think I'll miss seeing them pottering about in the house thought, so maybe I'll be able to sneak them in for a visit occasionally...?!!

Other than that Polly started off a bit naughty - biting me twice - and Sybil seemed the more confident. However Polly seems more confident now - maybe from all the grabbing her to put the eye drops in?!! Although Sybil is still easier to get into the carrier. Also I think Polly is the dominent bunny as she does seem to chase Sybil sometimes and then Sybil will hide for a bit :?

Anyway I'll try to get some photos sorted out soon and out them on!

Pics!

Here are a few pics of Polly and Sybil... hope you like them :D

PA140160.jpg

PA140161.jpg

PA140157.jpg

PA060119.jpg

photo010.jpg

PA020535.jpg

Now you have had them a while, do you think they are siblings or mum and daughter. When we caught them, I thought they were siblings. It was only when I took them to Leicester to their wonderful fosterers, that they mentioned one was much bigger than the other. Thats something we will never know but I wondered what you thought. They both look as though they are having a wonderful life.

Maisie had a bald and sore patch under her chin. This was cause because she kept laying her head in her water bowl. Now we pat her dry after she drinks and it seems to have subsided.

Thanks

I've not really considered that they might not be sisters as they were estimated to be the same ages and I don't really know anything about the way bunnies breed and what their sizes might indicate... :?

However Polly does seem big and fluffy with a round face, and sybil smaller and sleeker with a fine boned face :!:

I'm not sure what's going on at the moment but Polly keeps chasing Sybil quite a bit and Polly seems to be really confident and Sybil really shy! Any ideas?!! Sometimes I think Polly is chasing Sybil away when I go over so she can get more attention or try and get more food!

And their cage is always such a mess at the moment - I'm sure they have been chasing around a lot whilst we are at work! We've been saying 'no Polly' when she does it and she does stop and then looks all innocent whilst Sybil hides and won't come out to see me :(

Good news on the bald patch though - I can see some hairs starting to grow back! 8)

My girls squabble sometimes. Because they are free range in the kitchen, there is the space to get away from each other. I did laugh yesterday when I put them in the run, Daisy chased Maisie round and round the run for ages. Maisie just kept legging it. If Daisy catches her, she humps her for a few seconds, which I think is her way of say I am the dominant one. Also happens if there is food. They do love each other, but will occasionally squabble.

Polly seems the more dominant one with your two. Maybe Polly is larger because she eats more of the food :lol: Maisie has learned she has to grab her food and leg it. If you put a carrot down, she picks it up and runs so she doesn't lose it to Daisy.

Just tried letting them chase this time and they just stopped after a bit. With Sybil hidding in the litter tray :oops:

Sybil seems to hold her ground more if there is food and chases Polly back. They are quite funny with food... there will be loads of leaves or hay etc and they have a tug of war over the same one bit :lol:

Maybe that is why Polly is bigger - she does scoff her food :shock: and finishes it quicker than dainty Sybil!

I just had two carrots with the green attached and gave one to Daisy so she would go off and I hand fed Maisie, so I could brush her. Once Daisy had finished hers she came up and they both grabbed two bits of the green end and had a tug of war. I do try and feed them separately now. They always share the hay, but if its anything more interesting they each want what the other has.

Back