• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasper never grooms Jessica?

Hey all, glad to be back!

Ever since Jessica and Jasper have been bonded, I've noticed that Jessica is always grooming Jasper, she then puts her head down and is always asking Jasper to groom her, but i've never seen him do it?

Is he being unfair or is this normal?

When I first started to bond them it seemed that Jessica was the boss, she was really really aggressive towards Jasper. I assume now then that Jasper is actually the boss?

From reading about bunny "language" on the net, it seems that the "Boss" is the one who demands grooming. However, if he's not responding in the desired manner, he's probably saying "Hey, I'm the man of the house!" :lol:

I have the same thing with Daisy and Bertie. Bertie is always giving daisy lots of cleaning and loving but as soon as he puts his head down for her to groom him she goes off. Very rarely i see her giving him a token lick but I assume it's a dominance thing and she is the boss! I make up for her by giving him lots of nose rubs.

This used to happen with my two... Jasper always groomed and Clio never did it back, and I could tell Clio was boss. But in the past couple of weeks she has groomed him :eek: Think it took Clio a while to realise she should be grooming him too :lol:
Maybe it's the same with your two :D

this is the same with teegra and duchess except neither of them groom each other. teegra tries so hard to be groomed ramming his head in her face and under her belly and he follows he round with his head down whenever she is eating - it really seems to frustrate him sometimes. i have tried putting food on his head to try and get her to lick it but he just washes it off :roll:

abi
teegra and duchess

awww im sure he will groom her eventually took little man ageeeees to groom orchid :D you feel dead sorry for the one not being groomed dont ya

Hurruh - am so chuffed, caught Jasper grooming Jessica yesterday and then again this morning!

Must be the trauma of his too long teeth that has made him grateful and see the light.

Ahhh bless!

I read that if one puts thier head under ther other ones head its a sign of submission so the one that gets groomed will be dominant!

Hope that post makes sense :? :?

Mhairi groomes Dougal. He puts his head down and she groomes him, she puts her head down and he turns his back on her. :? Poor Mhairi think this is why she likes a snuggle off me.

Back