• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going to try bonding tonight.u/d 20/10-they all sat together

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
Tonight is the night I attempt to bond my two little girls with my gorgeous Benji Boo...

Any advice?

I'm going to put them in my kitchen and have a water spray at hand and give them some food and just sit there and watch it all I guess?

What else do I need to know? If they start to fight what do I do?!

Can you tell i've never done this before??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First piece of advise don't think that every horror story that you find on here will happen to your bunnies. I read everything I could find and was sure I'd end up with bunny limbs flying around everywhere. It was actually rather un-eventful. The only moment of horror was when my lady bunny, Roxy (who had been spayed fairly recently) jumped up the kitchen cupboard and I saw a trail of blood left behind. Upon closer examination it was actually pasta sauce that I'd not cleaned up-I am dirty! :lol: Doing it in the kitchen is a good idea :shock: Mine has a slippery floor so it slowed everything down and wore them out faster.
second piece of advise-do not take advise from me :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: , it's really hard to advise as all bunnies are different. When I first started bonding bunnies, I use to get into a right pickle, it's got better with time. Just make sure there is no blood being drawn, fur pulling is fine. You just have to be very brave :lol:

Thanks Tree and Isabel... Must say, the pasta sauce story is excellent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both of my little girls are un-speyed at the moment as they are only about 14 weeks old. Hopefully it'll be problem free :? 8)

My kitchen is quite small... do you think that will be a problem?

There's not really anywhere else I can use as my bedroom has too many hiding places, the other bedroom is Teddy and Bertie's so not neutral, the hall way is where Benji lives, the living room is where Benji plays, and the bathroom is smaller than the kitchen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhh good luck! :D First bonding can be really scary, but don't worry about it ;) The water bottle did nothing when I was trying to bond Jasp and Clio, don't think they even noticed when I squirted them! :roll: :lol:

Like Tree said, only seperate if you see blood, with my two there was fur EVERYWHERE and I was getting really worried, but all was ok and they are now very bonded :D

Hope all goes well for you!

Hello again (oh for the days when the forum was down and I didn't spend all day on it :wink: ) My kitchen is tiny too, it was the only place suitable for them to bond in my house. My two seemed ok but then other people on RU recomend loads of room. However as my last post illustrates, if there is not enough floor space they will just run up the walls instead :lol:. Oh yes and fur did fly! They have a suprising amount of it though. I made a beautiful jumper :lol:

Good Luck! It'll be ok. Gonnado my bonding soon i hope, once i get things sorted around mine and things settle down in the next few weeks. shoundn't be too much trouble.

m
xx

Thanks guys!

I am a bit worried about it, as the BF pointed out, they're probably gonna hump... but these girls are tiny compared to Benji!

He might squish them?! :? :shock:

I was really worried about Barney squishing Roxy but they were fine. They'll just have to work as a rabbity team.

you might find its the other way round- Hann never humped esmerelda, it was always her! :eek: I suppose they're probably a bit young for that at the mo tho.

Dont worry, just be prepared for fighting etc and it'll probably be much easier than you think.

When I bond Audrey and her husbun, im going to do it on a weekend so i'll be around to check on them. I'll start saturday morning and leave them on neutral territory for the weekend.

Yes :)

He doesnt have a name yet, as I only got him saturday. he is a 1 year old (approx) siamese seal rex (black/brown colour) from Kirkby Pet Welfare.

He was neutered yesterday, so have a few more weeks until they can be introduced yet (Audrey has been spayed but im away for a couple of weekends so need to plan an intro around that).

Good Luck Lynda :D

I think it'll go fine - the girls are used to having loads of bun smells around them, & their sister was dead easy to get into the 9 :D & Benji wasn't that concerned when we walked in with them :D Just neutral territory :D

They will be going in the kitchen, I srubbed the floor in there the other day so it should smell of no-bun...

Will update y'all tomorrow!

Angie, will text you a pic if all goes well :D

Oh yeah,

Those girls are right little pigs! They eat LOADS!!!

Lots of hay though which is good, hopefully they'll show Benji how great hay is :D

Back