• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I've had in....Update Pictures

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Got an urgent call from a vets..could I take two rabbit that had been left abandoned in a hutch in a garden in Coventry.

We have called them Mack & Mabel, Mabel is thin with bad muscle loss and bad teeth, Mack is painfully thin, has no front teeth, he has pasturella, no fur under his chin to the top of his breastbone and he has bad back teeth.

They were both covered in fur mites!

I am nursing them back to good health and hopefully they will both make it as they adore each other

MackMabel4.jpg

Mabel5.jpg

Mack10.jpg

These are two lovely natured, very friendly rabbits, why anyone would want to treat them so badly is beyond belief, I think this is months of neglect not just the 5 days from the people moving out if their house and abandoning them

OMG :shock:

Who could do that.
They look beautiful bunsters

Having said that, a few years ago our next door neighbours split up and she moved away but left the bunnie in the cage in the garden, first we knew of it was when the "Man of the house" came round and asked my hubby to get rid of it as it was dead in the cage and he couldn't touch it.

The X wife didn't bother telling him the bunn was still in it's cage
Poor thing :cry:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

How can anyone do this? Beyond belief.

Good luck snowy, I hope you can nurse them back to health and find them a lovely forever home.

Oh my god, that's awful :(

Poor little bunnies, well done for taking them in, fingers and paws crossed that they are soon fit and healthy x

:cry: :cry: :cry:

That is so awful. They look such sweeties too.

I hate people. What a horrible story about the bun left to die in the garden :cry:

OMG it makes you sick doesn't it, why didn't they give them to a rescue before they got into that state, grrrrrr. Well done you for looking after them.

OMG :evil: what is wrong with people. how could anyone do that to any living thing... they are so gorgeous, beautiful little faces... they are lucky that they have you to nurse them back to health. I hope no permanent damage has been done to them.

is there anyway of tracing where the old owners are now?
If so, report them for animal cruelty!! :evil: :evil:

Back