• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stairs

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Ok as most of u know i recently moved to a new house and the 3 fluffies are now upstairs, having never seen stairs before they are very unsure of them. They have had access to the stairs for over a week now but still none of them come downstairs. If i bring them all down they will happily hop around downstairs and will run upstairs when they have had enough. Nala and Fifi will come about half way down but no further. Simba will only do one or two stairs and no more. Ive tried putting pellets on each step to tempt them down but they still only come half way.. ive tried parsley, carrots, carrot tops.. ive sat at the bottom filling their treatballs with pellets and leaving them at the bottom but they all just sit at the top watching and still wont come down. Ive also tried taking them half way down and not letting them go up so they have to go down but they still refuse and just sit in the corner of the steps so i have to give up... i really miss seeing them skip around the place.. any more tricks to getting them to come downstairs???
Just to say.. previously simba and nala were experts at jumping on and off the sofa or bed and fifi will happily jump on and off boxes but just wont do stairs hmmmm :?

Chris I hope you have more luck than us, Oscar has had access to the stairs for 18 months now but it's a big NO NO!
He only ever goes up one or two then comes down again and you can see him thinking "Hmmm if I go up there how will I ever get back down again" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck :D

I taught (sp?) mine to use the stairs when they were still quite young. I just sat in front of them on the next step down and coaxed them. Daisy took ages to learn but Bertie learnt in about 5 mins! Do you think it depends on their charactor? Bertie is a total nutter and not afraid of anything but Daisy is a bit more cautious. They both run up and down the stairs at top speed now and frighten me to death! :lol:

they will in a few weeks jus give them a bit of time they will race up and down like elephants all my buns were a bit slow with mastering stairs :wink:

My one does that at the beginning too. As she doesn't know what stair is. But after less than 2 mth. of settle in, she just hop up and down the stairs whenever she likes.

I would just let they "discover" the stair. However, my one is a 11 lb. bunny, so hopping up and down is not a problem. If your bunny's feet is too tiny, then hopping downstair would be insecure to them.

Mine all worked the stairs out quite quickly and get quite a speed up now :shock: they are better at going up than down though!

My girls fine at getting up and downstair my little boy is only just mastering it though.... but I can always tell when hes gone upstairs- he makes a lot of noise doing it!! lol and he's only a teeny baby.
Give them some more time- they normally just figure it out by themselves eventually and then there's no stopping them!

aaaawwww thanks... i really hope they get the hang of it soon.. i really miss watching them! Simba is the worst one.. he doesnt seem to know how to do it and keeps falling off the step when he tries to go down.. the other two hop down ok..they just never make it to the bottom! :lol: :lol:

Once they realise where the fridge is with the pineapple juice they will soon be bolting down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Theres a first, I agree with Carys :lol: I think in time, they will get used to the stairs. Having said that, I don't know what happened to Oscar :lol: God bless him, 18 months. But, I guess, they are tiny little bunnies and maybe a step is high to them. I loved the pics of them looking down the stairs.

raine said:
Theres a first, I agree with Carys :lol: I think in time, they will get used to the stairs. Having said that, I don't know what happened to Oscar :lol: God bless him, 18 months. But, I guess, they are tiny little bunnies and maybe a step is high to them. I loved the pics of them looking down the stairs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wickid!

Well last night i got each of them one at a time and helped them down the stairs from the top.. if they sunk down i just nudged their bottoms til they hopped down the next one til they got to the bottom. They all made it with not too much problems... then later on they all appeared one by one on their own!! Nala has been down tonight as well.. so its looking good now :D

thanks... fifi has been downstairs all morning, nala nearly got to the bottom twice but each time went back and simba did his usual 2 steps :lol: :lol:

Back