• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter Coats

animus

Mama Doe
Do your buns have their winter coats yet?

I'm not sure wether I should be worrying about Jake, he only finished his moult a couple of month ago but it's getting really cold now and his fur is so thin, he's living ouside at the mo which is worrying me most of all.

Crunchie has the thickest coat I've ever seen, she's definately ready for winter but but Jake's is extremely fine, is this normal? am I worrying about nothing?

my buns have either just finished or just going through the last stages. they are all outdoor bunnies and it's so easy to worry about them getting cold but it they have another to snuggle upto then there's no need to worry. main thing is to protect them from draughts and bad wether.

Mine are looking a bit thicker in the coat department, but definitely not particularly thick yet. In fact, they are probably still wearing their light summer jackets! :lol:

Amy my house bunny is looking very straggly but all the outside bunnies have beautiful coats, apart from fudge who's been fur chewing :evil:

Thank you all so much for the reassurance :D
They are in a nice roomy hutch/run which has a secured tarpaulin over for night time and cold weather.
I'm sure Crunchie's coat will be big enough to share :lol:

Back