• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad news about my foster bunny Duchess :(

Nix

Mama Doe
Had a bit of a bombshell at the vet last week :cry: . Duchess's teeth are much worse and she is losing weight, her bottom is still wet as well.

She helpfully did a massive wee on the vet table so Ivan suspects it's not the E-C as she can lift her botty properly.

However this has led him to think that it may actually be pain from her tooth roots causing all these other problems. He thinks she may only have a matter of months left (if that) - so of course she can't go off to her new home and boyfriend if they are likely to be bereaved so soon .

At this point we are planning to keep her for the rest of her life, we may have to change our plan if it comes to the point where we aren't able to look after her properly. We are thinking of asking Lorna to try and bond her to our indoor 3 while they are boarding later in the month so she is not alone, although the grumpy Mimbles could be a problem.

She is on metacam (as well as panacur and baytril), we are to double the dose every week for 4 weeks if we don't see any improvement. Ivan says after 4 weeks if there's not improvement we may have to consider pts... Lorna is more optimistic but it all depends on how Duchess is in herself, as you all know they can hide pain well .

I've bought some Excel junior on Greenfields' advice to try and get more calories into the skinny little madam.

Am absolutely gutted as she was meant to be going to her new home in a week and a half. Can't believe that after everything seemed to be going so well we are back to where we started from :cry: .

Nix, I'm so sorry to read this. Here's hoping that Duchess enjoys the rest of her life, however brief that may be, with you and your bunsters.

Back