• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionhead buns

gizmo

Mama Doe
can anyone tell me what a pure lionhead bunny looks like. My Casper has got long hair around his head and "normal" fur everywhere else, but other lionheads iv seen are very fluffy all over and i used to have one like that a few years ago.
im probably being really thick but im confused :oops: :lol:

I dont think my Casper is a pure breed. The woman we got him from breeds lionheads and she said that males carry the lionhead gene and you can mate a male lionhead with anyother female and still get lionhead babies :?

I assumed they were still quite varied in looks as they're still a fairly new breed. I might be wrong though.
Marlon has got a lovely mane and tufty bits around his bottom and back feet but has shorter hair elsewhere. He's also bigger than the average lionhead. He's a beautiful boy though. :D

My friend and I have lionheads, both females from the same litter and they couldnt be more different, its true that a full lionhead, crossed with a half lionhead or none at all can produce babies in the same litter that have a full mane, half mane or no mane at all.
Their manes can change a lot both as they are growing up and into adult hood. My buns dad had a full mane earlier in the year-now you wouldnt even know hes a lionhead!
I also think its true that some have 'mudguards' or a mini mane around their bum.

I have one "pure" lionhead - my first bun. He is a bit fluffy, with a nice mane, but not as fluffy as Lynda M's lionhead X!!

My crosses (3 x English Spot X Lionheads) are fluffier than my pure one! :lol:

Angie65 said:
I have one "pure" lionhead - my first bun. He is a bit fluffy, with a nice mane, but not as fluffy as Lynda M's lionhead X!!

My crosses (3 x English Spot X Lionheads) are fluffier than my pure one! :lol:

:shock: :shock:

Crazy Lionhead Genes!!! They just cant make thier minds up!

m
xx

Back