• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Hi

Sorry i have not been around for a while.

I have had a horrid time at work lately.

Dobbin is not to bad, he is still quite snuffly, keep taking him to the vets and they say his chest is clear and as he is doing everything else he is ok, but i am so worried.

HE is my baby. I hope you all dont think i am silly.

Does anyone know when the calender competetition is being released - the results?

Does anyone have any tips for keeping my baby warm in the winter please?

How is everyone?

I really have missed you all.

Sue
xx

glad dobbin is doing ok, think the calender comp results are next week, the thread is in the new fundraising section.

as for keeping dobbin warm lots an lots of hay. ive got a snugglesafe, i never see them using it but i feel better knowing its there.

Hi Su :wave: We've all been wondering how you are! Glad things are ok.

Sometimes they do get these chronic infections in their nasal passages, it's such a nuisance :cry: I have heard that pasteurella type infections thrive in warmer weather so hopefully he will be better outside now it has cooled down. As long as he is out all the time, he will grow a nice thick fur coat and shouldn't get cold. Mine are outside all year and I find them sitting in their runs in minus temperatures, come rain, wind, snow etc :lol:

If Dobbin's infection continues, it might be worth asking your vet for some bisolvon if he sounds 'blocked' - it thins the mucus and helps it to run away more easily. Ive also used terramycin (injections every 3 days) for Santa recently and it has worked really well, she's the best she has been for several months.

Hope everything else is ok with you
Alison xx

:wave: Hi Sue, there was a thread the other day wondering if you were ok, glad you and Dobbin are :D

Dobbin should be ok, you've got a shed haven't you? Perhaps you could get some vet bed for his sleeping area (if you know where that is, mine sleep anywhere I think) or a fluffy catbed, to help keep him warm. I've got a hutch in the shed that's open all the time, and I'm going to fill it with hay so at least they've got the option to go in even if they don't.

Hi Sue, Glad to see you and Dobbin are ok. I started a thread the other day asking if anyone knew how you both were, as we hadn't heared from you in a while.

Back