• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im sobbing

mimi75

Alpha Buck
one of my degus has just died in my arms.i am absolutely devastated.i woke up this am to find goo had been attacked by one of the others,little onion(they were all good pals :cry: )i rushed her straight to the vets who gave her some jabs and asked to see her in 24hrs but he was worried because although her injuries didn't look too bad apart from a really bad one to her toe,she was cold and quiet so i have had her wrapped in a fleece on a warm water bottle all day.i had a lamp on her to try to get her warm aswell but she has just died in my arms about 10 minutes ago.how do i not feel bitter towards little onion?i don't know how stump will be without her as they have been together all their lives.i rescued them from a horrible home,she was supposed to have a wonderful life with me and look what i have let happen...

Dont blame yourself or little onion, i'm sure he didnt mean to hurt her that badly. Dont beat yourself up about it :cry: I'm really sorry for poor Goo.. I would have thought the vet could of done something more for her it seems..

It must be very hard for you at this moment, its wasnt any ones fault.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
((((MASSIVE HUGS))))

it is hard but it helps so much knowing that you all understand,thankyou.where would we be without RU?

I know just how you feel,5 years ago we had a pair if white (with red eyes)chinese hamsters.for over a year they got on just fine but then one morning i came down to find one had eaten the other :shock: all that was left was a head half eaten on the floor.I am afraid i gave the surviving one to a friend as i felt myself wanting to kill it.I still to this day think they are evil little things :evil: .

youngbunny2 said:
I know just how you feel,5 years ago we had a pair if white (with red eyes)chinese hamsters.for over a year they got on just fine but then one morning i came down to find one had eaten the other :shock: all that was left was a head half eaten on the floor.I am afraid i gave the surviving one to a friend as i felt myself wanting to kill it.I still to this day think they are evil little things :evil: .

They're supposed to be kept on their own, its not the hamsters fault.

Im really sorry about your Degu Mimi :cry: :cry:

Back