• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The other half!

lisey

Warren Scout
For those of us unlucky enough to have an OH, do you find they support your love of lagomorphs or totally resent it??

Mine for one claims he "hates" my bun, but i do catch him giving him a cuddle from time to time! It must be jealousy surely :? .. Upsets me though cos he gets in a grump if a single poo goes near him. :roll:

My o/h is fab with the buns, he cleans them, feeds them and spoils them like I do :D I know that if I'm not in or not around, they will be cared for just as well by him as they are by me :D

In fact, he cleans the guineas out all the time, I think I have only done it once or twice the whole time we've had them :lol:

My bf claims to 'hate' them too although the other night after he had got out of the shower :lol: :lol: i caught him in the hallway cuddling them both......in the NUDE!! eeek! :lol:

But he does have a fit if he sees a poo! Men eh!

My OH's like yours Lisey :( .

Hes not much of an animal person but has become better since being with me (he's had to!)

He gets annoyed about the mess Audrey makes, altho did give in to me having her as a house rabbit as he knew it meant so much to me. He also thinks shes quite a nice rabbit as she lets him stroke her head :lol:

I dont think he minds them being around as long as he doesnt have to do anything- tidying/feeding etc. Even our cat, who we got together, knows not to ask him for food!

rachael1969 said:
My bf claims to 'hate' them too although the other night after he had got out of the shower :lol: :lol: i caught him in the hallway cuddling them both......in the NUDE!! eeek! :lol:

Sounds like my o/h :shock: . Except poor Evo gets cuddles off him before he's been in the shower!!! He looooves evo, he just won't admit it!

Mine sits on the floor and gets a strop on if Rosie dosen't pay him enough attention!!!!!

Ive tried explaining that he only sees her weekends and it takes a while for her to get used to him again!!

I just found out mine hates them :shock: . I thought he "didn't mind" because so far he's let me steam ahead looking for a bun and last night said "so you're definately getting a rabbit then?" :? . He said it's fine so long as he doesn't have to do a single thing for him :roll: . But I'm sure I'll catch them cuddled up on the sofa at least once! :lol:

I'm so lucky..my other half is great with the buns...

Doesn't spot problems quite as quickly as me...but he is getting better.

In fact he's gone to collect me two more buns today (Thank you Eve).

And he's keeping the large car rather than getting something small and sporty so we can transport them around. He also doesn't complain when I spend our money on more stuff for the buns....

Must be why I married him!! :love:

My OH isn't into pets at all, and if it was his choice have none. I've tried getting him interested in the buns but he tries, but it's just not there :( He does say that if I'm happy he's happy though. I've moved the boy guinea pigs out to the shed and I think he does have a soft spot for them as he said the other night that he didn't mind the guinea pig and didn't think he should go out, so I'm planning on filling the space Fudge vacated :D

Hubby is a bit of a mixture. He's happy for me to have all my rabbits and likes petting them, he spoils Max our house bun, but is useless with the practical side of watering, feeding and cleaning. As I read back over this I'm thinking "typical male" really!! :lol: :lol: Sorry guys!! :lol: :lol:

rachael1969 said:

Hahahahaha :lol: :lol: that made me laugh a treat!!!

Well i see im not the only one then, is it men in general or just some people dont care much for animals!! Actually ive got a video of my OH chasing poor minnie around the Garden, dont worry though because it's actually her favourite game :p She's speedy gonzales and Luke is slow old tortoise toes!

Mine used to shoot and eat wild rabbits (he's half French, if that counts as an excuse), but now his gun is locked away and he know I'd strangle him if he every hurt another bunny. :lol:

He really likes Snoopy, thinks he's a very pretty bunny. He takes him to the vet and helps with the hutch to run and back transport. :D

:lol:

My o/h sounds like most of the other fellas! Claims he "likes" the buns, but won't have anything to do with them and I think resents the time and love I give to them - he's jealous! When they've been indoors, he gets really shirty if they leave a little poo behind, despite me telling him that they don't do it on purpose!! He is not an animal person at all, although to give him credit he will make me anything to do with my bunny shed, runs, dividers etc, so can't moan too much.

I've seen him pick Bonnie up once or twice before from the garden to put her back in the shed, but I think that's where his love for them ends!! I have been trying to convert him for years, but I don't think I will succeed!! I've told him to get used to the buns, as they will always be part of my life!!!
xxx

My husband doesn’t particularly like rabbits as a species and is a cat person at heart. Even thou he is not very hands on with them I cant moan as he lets me have them in the house, drives me to the vets/feed supplies etc, doesn’t moan at expensive vet bills and is always sympathetic when one is ill or has passed away. He very rarely ventures into my rabbit room! :lol:

Louise

I kicked my O/H out years ago!! :lol:

Strange how he keeps coming back 'to see the Rabbits'...... :? :roll:

Janex

Back