• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snoopy's perspex hutch thingy

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
My boyfriend has built this perspex window/shutter for the hutch. It gets hung up like a picture frame and rests on the table the hutch is on. I use it when it is raining and windy, and when it gets really bad, I cover the opening on the left with bubble wrap. Snoopy usually sits in the left corner anyway, so I try to protect that end.
We also put thin planks of wood between the hutch and the table so that no water can leak into the hutch if the table gets wet.

hutchcover.jpg

That looks great. I use tarpaulins and plastic sheeting (thick corrugated stuff) with mine. Just make sure with yours there is a continual air flow.

That's a good idea!
[But watch out - two bunnies have a habit of multiplying, even when they've had the snip :lol: ]

Spacegirl said:
:lol: :lol: Yup! Mine are increasing at a scary rate! :lol:

we all get the bug, wonder how long it will be before you are at my level sally :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnylove said:
Spacegirl said:

we all get the bug, wonder how long it will be before you are at my level sally :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: My OH and the rest of my family for that matter can't understand WHY I would want to get more rabbits. They think I'm really weird :roll:
Can you imagine if I had 40 - they would have me arted off to the funny farm :lol:
Lucky I don't care what they think! :wink:

Spacegirl said:
bunnylove said:
Spacegirl said:

:shock: My OH and the rest of my family for that matter can't understand WHY I would want to get more rabbits. They think I'm really weird :roll:
Can you imagine if I had 40 - they would have me arted off to the funny farm :lol:

most peole think i am werid :lol: :lol:

bunnylove said:
Spacegirl said:
bunnylove said:
Spacegirl said:

This is a big quote now isn't it? If I had my own house I would get a whole herd of rabbits (what is a group of rabbits called?) I have already suggested this to OH but he has put his foot down. Maybe I should start putting my foot down with his car obsession!

IsabelM said:
bunnylove said:
Spacegirl said:
bunnylove said:
Spacegirl said:

This is a big quote now isn't it? If I had my own house I would get a whole herd of rabbits (what is a group of rabbits called?) I have already suggested this to OH but he has put his foot down. Maybe I should start putting my foot down with his car obsession!

Its bigger now :lol:

Apparently there are lots of names for a collective of rabbits . .
bury of rabbits
colony of rabbits
down of rabbits
drove of rabbits
husk of rabbits
leash of rabbits
trace of rabbits
trip of rabbits
warren of rabbits
nest of rabbits (young)
wrack of rabbits (young) :shock:

This is one thing I'll never learn in the English language. There are so many different names for groups of animals, and I always choose the wrong one. :lol:

Snoopy is back behind his "window" now, as it is pouring down here. Nasty weather today. :(

No way...those poor other animals with a mere one group name (apart from geese) I think a cajole of rabbits would be apropriate.

Back