• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freead Pigs

GemmaH

Mama Doe
Here are the pictures of the 'probably pregnant' freead pig and the baby boar, as yet still unnamed! You can just see the little boar's cloudy eye in the second picture.

CIMG1116.jpg

CIMG1119.jpg

Sorry they aren't great pics, didn't want to stress them out any more at this stage to bring them in and get them to pose! They are both really nice looking pigs :D .

Gemma x

It's hard to tell, she doesn't look it at all in that picture but she does have slight bulges either side in reality, she's obviously only early stages. The seller told me they'd only had this male a couple of weeks, then when I said they normally start showing at around 4 weeks she said it could be longer than 2 weeks, then I eventually found out that she'd been in with another male (who was ill and died) before this one, I think it's a bit of a wait & see case!

Gemma x

Well if she wasn't pregnant before she will be now as she is with that little boar.
You will have to take him away from her before the baies are born or he will get her pregnant again straight away. And separete her from her sons at between 3 and 4 weeks of age or they will do the job next :?

Thanks for your advice Louise, I was aware of all of that, I wouldn't have taken a pregnant pig on without having any knowledge about piggie pregnancy. She was already being kept with the boar when I got them and had been with another boar prior to that, it was the seller who described her as 'probably pregnant', not me. She is a lot rounder now and am hoping to split them up and pair with other pigs this week :)

Gemma x

Back