• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it unusual for a bunny not to eat greens??

rachael1969

Warren Scout
My two babies hate anything that resembles a vegetable!! :?

I've tried them with carrot, broccoli and......BASIL and they still wont touch it!! v puzzled to say the least!

I put some basil in their food dish last night and when i checked later the little monkeys had pulled the basil out, thrown it on the floor and scoffed the pellets!

My other two bunnies i had couldnt get enough of veg. So i'm just wondering if they are missing out on anything or is perfectly normal to not want to eat greens??? :roll:

They probably need to get used to them, it is a new thing for them. Children don't eat everything at first, either. Just offer them a few greens once in a while and maybe they will eventually like them. If they don't eat greens, it won't harm them, hay is more important.

True, all my bunnies love(d) parsley. Snoopy goes crazy for hazel leaves, too. What about dandelion? Do they completely ignore that?

If they're babies they're perhaps too young for greens, I thought you had to limit their greens until a certain age? Not sure as I've never had a baby bun - just what I've read on here.

Back