• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hate people sometimes

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:evil: :x

About 8am Monday morning, two young girls knocked at my front door with a box.

They told my step mum they'd heard I had rabbit and could I take these in, on looking in the box she found baby rabbits just a few hours old by the sounds of things. :(

A panicked phone call to me followed as I'm not at the house, and I phoned my vet, thankfully he's taken them in and is feeding them until I get back tonight. :)

Unfortunately one has already died :cry:

I don't know much else yet, will wait to see what happens when I get back this evening :(

kayjay said:
OMG did they not say what happened to the mum? You can't believe some people can you?

Step mum didn't say, she was pretty upset, I was more concerned with getting them fed and warmed up.

I shall find out more tonight :(

Assuming they survive, I'm going to have to home them at 9 weeks instead of 12 as I'm off on holiday on 14th December :(

Another case where parents did not want to spend money on neutering? Well, at least the did not put the poor things in a plastic bag and in the rubbish. Hopefully some of them will survive.

If there are any females, bunnylove may be interested. :D

Good luck with the babies.

i wonder if the doe is pregnant again. :evil:
it makes me so angry when animals have to pay the price for our ignorance.
fingers crossed for you and the babies.

Some people are just so ignorant and heartless.. Did they not know rabbits reproduce?
Sorry little babies :cry: :cry:

Why dont you go to the girl's house and find out what is going on?? See if they are not looking after them right and tell them how the poor babies died because they didnt let them stay with their mom! Or maybe dont be so harsh (im just a little annoyed). Poor, Poor baby bunnies :cry:

Back