• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Group Spaying Dilemma

anon101

Banned
I’m hoping to get my bonded group of five girls spayed in November as long as we don’t get any horrendous vet bills between now and then. Will cost about £175.00, which I think is very reasonable. :)

My dilemma is should I take them in as a group in two separate carriers and let them recover together and comeback home and live as a group straightaway?

Or should I take them in individual carriers recovering alone and coming home to live on there own for a week while they heal then re-bond them?

What would you do? :?

Louise

Heya Louise

When I got my four beatles neutered I had to wait a bit but got a date when they could all be done together, split them into pairs so I had one calmer and one more excitable in each carrier when I took them to the vets. Picked them up the same, and had them inside, all together, for a couple of days in one of those big dog crates. It all went fine and they've had their post op checks and given the all clear and are still a bonded foursome. Good Luck!! :D

Post Op accomodation

CIMG3809.jpg

Thanks guys, they are beautiful! I got the dog crate off ebay. If you just put dog crate in under the "to buy" section loads come up. They are all pretty much of a muchness I think. :D

I'm so glad they got through the op and are still together Chloe :D They are so beautiful :love:

Louise I would def say do it the way Chloe did, in a group. Getting them back togethermight be hard. Some does get very moody after their spays. Petunia who was a sweety, reserved to go to a nice home, turned into an attack rabbit :roll: The people now need a different girl :? She clearly needs time to calm down again. The people now need a different girl :?

I have an identical one it is Hagen, I got mine from Jollyes and got the biggest they had..

How to you tell which is which of those 4 lol :lol:

Back