• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

tobey's teeth

allyandtobey

Alpha Buck
some of you may or may not remember a while ago tobey had to have his incisors and peg teeth removed due to malucussion and they were continuously overgrowing.

Well approximately 8 months ago he had them all removed without complication and has been doing fine ever since, i was warned that they may grow back but was told if they haven't done so within 2 months, they never will.

However today i saw tobey yawn and thought i saw a little white something in his gum. He was then attempting to chew a piece of cardboard later on in the day and I clearly noticed that one upper peg tooth has grown out to about 4mm and the other one is visible but still seems to be in the gum.

There is no sign of any other tooth regrowth, and it's just the peg teeth and no incisor re growth.

Are they going to continue to grow? Will all his teeth re grow?? Will he have to have these peg teeth taken out AGAIN? Or will they just sort of remain dormant at this current length and not grow any more?

I am taking him to the vet next week for his myxi booster so i will talk to the vet then but i just wanted to know if anyone has any experience or information on this they can give me!

Thanks.

Hello

I dont have any experience in this, as with my rabbits malocclusion we just get it cut by the vet, but now we are learning to cut them ourselves..eek!

Anyhow I think the fact they have grown a little means they will continue to grow, and if the other teeth (incisors) havent grown, I dont think they'll grow back. But thats just my opinion, and again I dont have a clue. Hope your vet can be of assistance!

my goofball has a few overgrown teeth, and I ask the same question, the answer is, it may never grow back or it can keep coming back. There is no way to know.

Back