• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe Heatpads

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Does anyone use these for their bunnies or guinea pigs? If so do your furries like them/do they work to keep them warmer/would you recommend them.

They're expensive so I don't want to waste money, but am wondering whether to get a couple especially for the guinea pigs. Pippa and MJ tend to sleep all over the shed floor, not just in their hutch so I'm not sure how useful one would be, unless it would encourage them to sleep in their hutch.

I just did a Google search for them for Eve. Saw them for 16.99 on one website, usually they are 19.99. Worth comparing prices.

I don't have one, but I am sure they are quite useful, especially in a cold winter.

tree is obsessed with them she loves this time of year as it gives her an ecuse to go on and on and on and on about them!

£16.99 :shock:

anyway... they dont need them not even in winter there coats are designed to keep them warm but as a rescue i deal with alot of GAs and sometime sick bunnies and when a bunny has had a Ga they cant keep their temperature up well, so we use a ss to keep them warm

Eve x

BirdieBun said:
tree is obsessed with them she loves this time of year as it gives her an ecuse to go on and on and on and on about them!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've still not got round to buying any.

bunnylove said:
£16.99 :shock:

anyway... they dont need them not even in winter there coats are designed to keep them warm but as a rescue i deal with alot of GAs and sometime sick bunnies and when a bunny has had a Ga they cant keep their temperature up well, so we use a ss to keep them warm

Eve x

They are ridiculously expensive aren't they. I've got a 'human' snugglesafe which I microwave and it was only £5 :roll:

Anyway, would you recommend them for my pigs then, they're in the shed too which is draught free but will obviously get cold in winter. If so, do you put them under the hay in their sleeping bit?

I would recommend them esp for poorly pets.

I use ours for back aches too so it has a dual use.

ours will be back in stock tommorow, along with the covers availible on there own

Bunnybasics said:
I would recommend them esp for poorly pets.

I use ours for back aches too so it has a dual use.

ours will be back in stock tommorow, along with the covers availible on there own

How much is yours if you don't mind me asking :oops:

Yep I have two (though I can only find 1 at the mo!!) and they are good. My buns are normal, healthy buns but they still love to snuggle up to them on a cold winters night! They have other options of beds too so it is their choice! They are wonderful for sick animals - I use them for my rabbits if they are ill or have had a GA. Princess loved the warmth when she had bloat last month.

mandy said:
still havent brought one yet as i keep calling sph to ask about postage cost and there's never an answer :?

I just went onto their website and added a snugglesafe to my basket and the shipping cost came up as £5. Their shipping info on the site says that orders over 1kg are £5 so you could load up with all sorts of other goodies without additional postage :wink:

Greenfields use these in their hutches (the sabins have heating) during winter. They retain heat like a hot water bottle, for up to 12 hours.

I bought my first one last week ....
Because this is both my bunnies first winter! - and first one for one of them outside..... I am not going to use it just yet... wait for it to get a bit colder first.

AlisonA said:
mandy said:
still havent brought one yet as i keep calling sph to ask about postage cost and there's never an answer :?

I just went onto their website and added a snugglesafe to my basket and the shipping cost came up as £5. Their shipping info on the site says that orders over 1kg are £5 so you could load up with all sorts of other goodies without additional postage :wink:

Thanks Alison, I did think about doing that but I dont already have an account with Sph and couldnt be bothered to set one up just to see the postage. How lazy is that? :oops:

I got one tonight from the pet food store (dont sell animals) next to the vets. £20 :)

Thanks everyone, I think I'll save up and get a couple for the guinea pigs. I think the buns will be ok as they have lurve to keep them warm and thicker coats too.

Thoroughly recommend the Snuggle Safe's - definately worth shopping around to get one at a good price. Merlin loves his - I usually wrap mine in an old tea towel (it has a cover on already) & pop it under his hay. In the morning's you can usually see that he's been laying on it. If he hasn't felt cold then he just lays on another part of his bed. Haven't used mine yet this year as tend to keep it for when I know there is going to be a bad frost etc.

Back