• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraiser for Sara’s Guinea Pig Rescue, in Huddersfield.

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Veronica

After much discussion yesterday…I have decided to take on the role of fundraiser for Sara’s Guinea Pig Rescue, in Huddersfield.

Many of you will have heard me mention her many times before on various threads, and the superb work she does carry out. Although initially a guinea pig rescue…so does occasionally take on other small animals…such as bunnies, chins and hamsters.

I am one of her fosterers (and hutch cleaners!), and I have 5 piggies, and the newly arrived Bruce, the 4 month old dwarf lop!

As her rescue is funded completely out of her own pocket (as I know many rescues are), prompted by idea’s on this wonderful thread, we all sat down together the other night, and put together idea’s of fundraising, as I know she is struggling to manage with the ever growing number of bunnies that are coming into her Guinea Pig rescue. Sadly, the buns are more expensive to treat, house and care for than the piggies….so it would be a great help if we could raise some funds…no matter how large or small the amount, it would be a superb help.

We’ve decided to copy the existing idea of sponsorship.
As Bruce is the newest bunny arrival, we’ve decided to have him as the ‘sponsor bunny’. Sadly we discovered upon a health checkup at the vets…he has appalling teeth, which may result in some having to be removed.

So…..would you like to help and become one of Bruce’s sponsor mummy’s or daddy’s?

Here are the agreed sponsorship packages….

Basic Sponsorship – 6 months - £15

In this package, you will receive:
• A detailed information booklet about Bruce
• Lot’s of gorgeous piccies of the handsome fella!
• Updates of Bruce every 2 months!
• A bunny newsletter every 2 months!
• A Christmas or birthday card from Bruce

Basic Sponsorship – 12 months – £20

In this package you will receive:
• A detailed information booklet about Bruce, beautifully presented in a keepsake booklet.
• A Christmas AND birthday card from Bruce

Deluxe Sponsorship Package – 12 months - £30

• A detailed information booklet about Bruce, beautifully presented in a keepsake booklet.
• A Christmas AND Birthday card from Bruce.
• Bruce will also send your chosen furry friend (dog, cat, bunny, guinea, hammy etc) a present on his/her birthday AND at Christmas! All presents will be beautifully packaged/ wrapped to provide that perfect surprise!

Any funds raised from this sponsorship will go towards helping the many abandoned small animals left in the care of Sara's Rescue....and will go towards the vet treatment, health costs, feeding, cleaning and caring costs of these animals.
Ideally, I'd love to set up a website for her too in the very near future. Hopefully watch this space!

Please PM me or email me for any further details. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Veronica

Just to add, as part of the fundraising too, I am going to be holding a raffle...where you could win....

........a one off painting of your chosen bunny!

This would be done in a 'pop art/abstract way'....and completely one off original! 8) :D

I'm selling the tickets at £1 each. The draw will be held on 24th October. All proceeds will go to Sara's Guinea Pig Rescue :)

Please contact me if you would like to purchase any of these raffle tickets, or/and if you would like to sponsor Bruce :)

Yaaaay! :D The forum is back! :D Woooohooo 8) :D

I'd firstly like to say a huge thank you to those who have taken up sponsorships.
The money has gone towards neutering a male piggie (called Sheridon) so that he can be paired up with a new friend eventually :)

and treating 4 other new arrivals with terrible skin conditions.

Bruce is also going in for castration tomorrow! (poor boy...I haven't told him that yet :oops: :lol: )....so please wish him all well for a smooth op, and quick recovery :D I will of course keep you all updated.

Those who have sponsored Bruce, I have already popped something in the post for you, which will be arriving in the next day or so :D
Sponsorship packs are coming together nicely and will be in the post within the week too! :D

Once again on behalf of Sara, myself and all who help at the rescue, many thanks for your support.

If you would like to sponsor Bruce, please pm or email me :) Many thanks

Just to add, I now have paypal, so easy payment for the raffle tickets etc :)

(Without the gaps) veron781 @ yahoo . ie

Many thanks :)

Sorry for the delay folks, but just to let you know, the sponsorship packs have been posted today :D

They should arrive either tomorrow or Monday morning :)

Many thanks once again for your support :D

Veronica xxx

Back