• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Massive Bonded Group

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Well. I tried Flint with Treacle (now with Calel) & they fought (quite badly). So I tried him with Dusk, then Dawn. It wasn't happening. (TBH Dusk & Dawn both need spaying, but my bank account is having a rest after Turkey, & cos I got 10ish VHD/myxis due in the next fortnight - so they can get spayed after payday!!).

(For those of you that don't know Flint was with Rosie, then I bonded the pair to another pair & Flint fell out with everyone :oops:)

Anyway Flint has put on a bit of weight (being single he spends more time sleeping & doesn't have to share his tea :roll: ), so cos I was having a jiggle about with the buns the other day, (Have got it so all buns are loose now, except Calel & Treacle, who are caged until I get in on an evening :D ), i got myself a new neutral territory, chucked in the 7, & added Flint. Think he was lonely before, cos it was like he'd always been part of them!! Within minutes he was being groomed by Chocolate & Cracker. There was no humping/chasing or anything.So I chucked in Kendra (orange baby girl). Anyway, that was several days ago & no problems so far. So I have a bonded 9, & there's none of the nipping or thumping that went on before, so I'm hoping this time it'll stay a bonded group. Maybe 9 is that big a number, they don't notice new ones!! All are neutered/spayed except Kendra (too young). & it's really sweet, cos she's still tiny & follows Chocolate (big rex) everywhere!!

It's good, cos they now got extra space :D - & when i open the door on a night, they all come binkying into the living room :love: Did lose my settee last night to 5 buns though :evil: :D

OMG that is a big group, I am hoping to add Thumper to my four, but that will ber as big as I go.

SOAD said:
OMG that is a big group, I am hoping to add Thumper to my four, but that will ber as big as I go.

I won't go any bigger. Was gonna stop at 7, but Flint needed friends :D

9 :eek: , thats great.

Ellepotter told me that when she added Bella in with her girls they didnt notice because they were already a big group.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking with Thumps. I bet it's great having so many bunnies in one group.

That sounds great Angie! :D

I’m working out the logistics of bonding 14 at the moment. Need to get a few doe’s spayed first and work out a sleeping area for them. Got plenty of exercise space.

Louise

This is such a cool thread to read!! I've got two groups of four, one three and one two I'm hoping to bond into one massive group eventually.... Great to read the bigger groups can be done. Well done you guys!! :D
PS If you can get them all to stay still for a nanosecond can we see some photos!!?

chloaster said:
This is such a cool thread to read!! I've got two groups of four, one three and one two I'm hoping to bond into one massive group eventually.... Great to read the bigger groups can be done. Well done you guys!! :D
PS If you can get them all to stay still for a nanosecond can we see some photos!!?

i'll get some :D Will have to email to Lynda M or sommat & ask her to put them on for me though, cos I'm not allowed!!! :lol:

Lynda.........?

ellepotter said:

I’m working out the logistics of bonding 14 at the moment. Need to get a few doe’s spayed first and work out a sleeping area for them. Got plenty of exercise space.

Louise

Let me know what you use for sleeping :D I currently have the bases of those 3 foot indoor cages as litter trays, & 1 of those is pushed under a shelf thing, then hay all over the place :shock: :lol: It looks lovely. Definitely open to ideas!!!

Angie65 said:
ellepotter said:

Louise

Let me know what you use for sleeping :D I currently have the bases of those 3 foot indoor cages as litter trays, & 1 of those is pushed under a shelf thing, then hay all over the place :shock: :lol: It looks lovely. Definitely open to ideas!!!

At the moment the only thing I can think of is to make a large pen with litter trays/hay, food/water bowls, toys and stick two 48” dog crates in there joined together with hidey holes etc. They would be shut in the pen at night and in the day the pen would be open for at least six hours onto a 16ftx12ft approx exercise area. :)

We'll see anyway as Steve may have a better idea. :roll: :lol:

Louise

Back