• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plantain

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
I got Evo some plantain as a treat from Bunny Basics. He has a very sensitive tummy, so I have to be careful what I give him. He seems fine on this, though, and goes mental for it......even more so than porridge oats. I'm sure someone told me ages ago, that it had some sort of health giving properties too. Can't remember what they were though. :oops:

Anyone else tried their buns on it? What did they think?

mine love it to bits, infact when I went away for the night they managed to sniff it out and pull it down from the bedside table and scoffed the lot :shock: :shock: :shock: I was a bit worried about poorly tums but they were both OK. my chinnie loves it too :D

I was reading about plantain this morning :D It is good for diarrhea and has some antimicrobial properties. There is loads of it growing on the bank behind my house, but I must say they don't seem that keen on it, at least not compared to plain old grass. I have an old piggie with recurrent diarrhea and am giving some to her, along with bramble leaves.

my tortoise loves it not thought about giving it to the buns though, might go and pick some! :D

Oh I had no idea what stuff you were talking of, I could only think of the "banana like stuff", until I looked at the link - thanks.

250px-Plantago_major.jpg

Not seen any recently, althoug I remember it growing across our fields at school!

Han

taylor v 109 said:
Were do you get the dried?, Its available most of the year to pick fresh just dont get it near to roads. val

Bunny Basics. ;) I think West Wales Willows have had it in the past too.

that stuff is everywhere round here, in the garden in the horse fields, never realised the bunnys and guineas can eat it, might try some of that!!

I get mine from my front garden :lol: there's no grass in my garden just weeds! :shock: :lol:

Ive heard of it, but never seen it....i also thought it was sort of something like a cross between a banana and a corn cob :lol: :oops:

Back