• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Duchess is here!!

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
we picked duchess and teegra up last night (they looked so cute all snuggled in the carrier :love: ) we got them home and put them in the cage i didnt want to disturb them much but i did get a couple of pics which are in the photos section. the only thing was teegra spent all night trying to hump her and she spent all night running away (and i spent all night with a pillow over my head trying to go to sleep :lol: ) now she wont let him anywhere near her back end and whenever he comes near her she turns to face him. will he give up with the humping attempts? and will things calm down? (i keep telling myself it is only their first night in the cage so obviously there will be some settling in to do)

as you can tell i have never had two buns together lol so any advice on how to stop the humping (i tried clapping my hands and saying no but even i couldnt hear it over all the noise they were making!)

thanks
abi
teegra and duchess
(cheryl - lol you weren't kidding when you said she liked her pellets she came flying out as soon as she heard the bag :lol: )

Great news Abi. In my experience you just have to let the humping take its course, everything you describe sounds like exactly what happened when i bonded daisy and bertie. its all the dominance thing and you just have to let the dust settle unfortunately! xx

awww, i hope everything works out well :D as long as there's no fur flying they should be ok. they are just trying to sort out who's the boss

Exactly what i went through last month! Minnie was always running away from the self proclaimed lurve machine Davros because of his antics. But after a day or two he gave up and settled for snuggles instead :D

thats ok then lol they were bonded at cheryls and were really snuggly all the way home and for the first half hour or so then teegra started hi very ungentlemanly behaviour! :shock: i havent heard anymore craziness today and i have just been upstairs with them and although she doesnt like him going near her bum she is more relaxed with him now

abi
teegra and duchess

there are some piccies in the photo section under 'the happy couple' i have just taken a load more pics so will add some later just trying to sort out my sig :D

abi
teegra and duchess

Awww great news, Im so pleases for you all, espesh beautiful Duchess - Teegra ur a lucky man, treat that lady with respect :wink: :lol:

Back