• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Has Science Selective Feed Got......

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
......that other pellet feeds haven't :?
I have had my mottly crew on A+P for a couple of months, with the exception of a few who refused to touch it :roll: But just a whiff of SS and EVERYBUN goes crazy :shock: Tonight they ALL had a small portion of SS and OMG they were DELIGHTED!! They REALLY REALLY love it!!
So I have weakened and will now be feeding 'they who must be obeyed' SS Pellets. (Despite the fact they are well over twice the price of A+P... :roll: )
I wonder what the magic ingredient in SS is........ :? :?

Janex

Dunno Jane but I've just this week changed mine over from A&P to SS! :D Mine love it too :D Although they did love A&P as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All mine are on SS, I tried the A&P and they were not happy!! so back to the SS, trouble is like Janes says SS is twice the price but we must keep them happy! :lol:

Luckily my buns love A+P food - well Amy loves it and Princess has a mix of half A+P and half Excel as she wasn't so excited over just A+P so we made a compromise!! It all goes though, she is too much of a greedy piglet not to eat it!

Mine worship SS, but I've just swapped them over to Bunny Basics high fibre which they are also enjoying. :)

My two love it. But to be honest... rabbits love anything vaguely pellety :lol: . They loved Excel too, and wouldn't touch SS at first. They'll get what they're given! :lol:

Could you mix half an half to reduce the price? There is no rule buns can only have one brand at a time aslong as you mix them equally each day not keeping switching about :)

Tam

Inimical Me said:
They loved Excel too, and wouldn't touch SS at first.

Evo was they same, I had a real struggle to switch him over. Now he goes more mental for the SS than he ever did for the Excel.

Maybe they put some secret addictive additive in it. Bunny drugs!!! :shock:

A lot of our food has MSG (glutamate) in it, a flavour enhancer. I love Chinese food, but the MSG always gives me headaches, itchy skin and a faster heartbeat.

The name Science Selective sounds quite suspicious already. All those mad scientists must have come up with a new secret formula. The plan is to dominate the bunny food market! :shock: Now wait, I am a mad scientist too...... :lol:

I think for Snoopy it would be enough to give pellets parsley smell and flavour, he'd love it! :D

Hi Jane,

Most of the breeder buns I managed to change over to Allen and Page but there are a couple of buns such as dear old Arthur that have stuck their heels in and will only eat the Allen and Page if I sprinkle some SS pellets on top. Arthur adores them, to be honest he has really started to eat like a pig lately. The last week I have been noticing he's been polishing his whole bowl of food off every day which he has never done before. He used to eat some of his pellets and leave a lot in his bowl.

Here's a pic of the monster gobbling his veggies in the garden for you Jane :D

arth02.jpg

I think I read that SS has a herby flavour that makes it very palatable to buns. It did take quite a while for the buns to take to the A & P pellets as I don't think they're quite as palatable as the SS.

Big Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

harvted.jpg

harvted03.jpg

I've had this conversation with Quinn before...

We think the secrect ingredient is cocaine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or something along those lines as its sends the bunnies loopy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello :D ,

That's Harvey. He's a wild bunny. I found him laying injured in the road on Easter Sunday last year on the way to my mums. I didn't think he would make it. His eye and nose was bleeding and he was so small. He was treated by the vet,but where he was knocked it has caused his teeth to misalign. In the end he had his incisors removed and he has to have his molars burred every few months.

He's my little baby and a complete character. He was only about 8wks old when I found him and is now tame and very bolshy. I love him very very much. He's my special little boy and he inspired me to help other rabbits in need.

I have a few videos of him playing around in the lounge. I'll try and put them on the 'stories and photos' section for you.

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I've tried SS but not allen and page, i'll have some tonight :thumb:

Do you think its diet friendly?

Think so, try it and see what you think. I thought the SS was more fluffy/ cripy but the A&P was harder (like a bullet) but couldn't say they tasted any different.

Back