• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treating the buns shed??

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
The sheds will need to be treated to weather proof them... but what do you use to do it? I assume you can't just use a normal wood treatment stuff... sorry not very well put but my brains not working very well tonight :oops:

There are a few preserves that say they are "safe for animals once dry". I bought some from Wilkos, I think it was decking stuff but they also had some other "pet safe" preserves but it only can in 5L tubs which was just a silly amount!!

I know I got really stressed when looking for an animal safe wood preserve as so many exterior stuff didn't mention whether it was animal safe. I'd stick to one that specifically says "safe for animals" on the tin.

Hope I haven't waffled on too much!

We use Cuprinol Wood Preserver, it is completely safe for all animals :D wood stain isn't usually much good as it has poor defence against weather, whereas preservers last at least 4 years before another coat is needed :D

Back