• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much veg and why wall paper?

rockk

Young Bun
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and to rabbits and would like a bit of advice

1) My rabbit Lita has been to the vets 3 times in 2 months because she stopped eatting, pooing and looked like she was at deaths door. I have stopped giving her pellets altogether and just hay and veg and she seems to be getting better - but how much veg should I give? At the mo she has a big cabbage leave twice a day, broccoli, a carrott (maybe twice) and if the weathers nice she goes in the run. (she's a house rabbit)

2) When she is in the house we do like to let her have a run about when we are in. But the crafty minx keeps trying to eat my wall paper (she has succeeded in one spot). She has access to her hutch and there is always hay available so how can I stop her eating my house and leave me walls, blankets etc alone. I was putting her back in the hutch when she did it (almost as like a punishment) but its not made any difference.

Any one that can help?

Back