• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two girls?

rachael1969

Warren Scout
Hiya everyone,

I'll try to cut a long story short..... :lol:

My two rescue bunnies are sisters (8 weeks old now) and i have been told by a few reliable sources that sisters living together is fine.....and just have them speyed as soon as possible.

But last night i was told that two girls are V likley to fight! :( :( :(

Please tell me this isnt true?! They are house bunnies.

I've heard of lots of sisters living together, in fact my Mum had two sisters who lived in the same hutch very happily. I'd just get them spayed as soon as your vet advises you can. They're gorgeous by the way. What was their story?

They should be ok :D I have a bonded 7, which includes 2 sisters & 2 other unrelated females & they are fine.

They may start to fight when they get hormonal, but spaying will sort that. I actually had to separate my sisters, but they got back together a few weeks after their spays :D

Mine are sisters (so I was told) and they are fine. They was a bit of humping before they were speyed, but they love each other!!!

I have also had sisters in te past living happily together, and they weren't speyed.

I have two sisters and their mum and dad (neutered) living together and they all love each other loads :D Look!!
snuggle5.jpg

I would think they will be ok, dont worry.

I had two unspayed sisters living together when i was little and they never had a fight. (this was in the days before spaying was really common.)

Shadow and Jet my Dutch Sisters have lived together since birth, they haven't even had thier Op's yet and they are living togther with no trouble AT ALL. You'll be fine!! :thumb:

m
xx

Yey! Thats great news, thanks everyone :D

I'll have them speyed as soon as they are old enough - looks like that will have to be the new year now.

I'd love to get them a friend once they have been speyed, i think 3 bunnies is a good number - i just won't tell my bf :lol: :lol:

DooDoo and MooMoo are sisters, they have the odd chase about, but thats just cause MooMoo is mad. :lol: :lol:
They have both been neutered and they are fine with each other.

My two sisters have lived together their whole lives (they are 5 now) without any problems. Females are only likely to fight if they aren't spayed so your two should be ok. :D
RubywhisperingtoMillie.jpg

I think space is also a factor, so if they have plenty of space, they are less likely to fight even if they start to get hormonal before their spays! Sisters kept in a small hutch are far more likely to get fed up with each other!

hi.i have always been successful bonding my girls.they did /do sometimes have a little territorial bicker but that s all.mine are speyed.

do not worry if they did fight pre-spey just wait until you have them speyed and re-bond them there will always be a way around it :D

Mango and Chutney are unrelated speyed girls.
They're free range housebuns and they NEVER fight - they never even get bad tempered with each other.
They spend all day every day binkying, snoozing and kissing each other :love: :love: :love:

Yeah, Bilbo and Bluebell are Mother and Daughter unspeyed buns and they love each other, they're even raising their litters together.

Back