• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit nails

hi there we recently have taken a bunni from my mothers friends as they all know im animal daft he has been really neglected was in a 4ft hutch with companion who died - beleive the rabbit ive gotten is the culprit which wudnt surprise me the amount of time he has went for me

He is a massive big albino not only is he vicous n shy
but has long nails which im worried about causing the lil guy pain any idea on how i could get these cut

prob have to go to vet but wud rather not cause him any more distress any ideas on taming him as well wudnt go a miss

please help
thanks all

laura

Hi there,

You can buy clippers from Pets at Home or any other pet shop but you have to be very careful not to cut them too short because they will bleed quite badly if you do. I'd say it's a two person job as well because they can give a hefty kick if they're not happy.

Most vets will trim their nails and it may be worth getting a bunny MOT done since you've only just got him.

Gemma

vet check would be good anyway, as pain can cause aggression, so vet could rule out teeth probs for you :D

Good luck - I used to clip nails when I was younger, but am a total wimp now and leave it to the vet nurse :lol:

I find this better as the buns are a little scared when going to the vet and behave themselves more. With me they kick and I am so worried I'll tear out a nail.

Back