• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi outbreak in Southampton

Hells

Warren Scout
Dreadful news, Southampton Rabbit Rescue have today had a bunny pts with myxi :cry:

None of the other residents have been vacinated due to lack of funds so it is just a case of waiting to see if any of the remaining residents show signs...

All residents are being vacinnated tomorrow (I presume it may be too late tho?) at a cost of just short of £500 which is going to reduce the rabbit bank account to zero :(

Anyone got any ideas how I can help? I was only there Saturday afternoon and all the bunnies were fine. I feel really helpless.

x

How awful :( . Honey has just been for her first vaccs this afternoon and the vet said she'd do myxi first as there's a bit about.

Gemma x

Will the Vets the Rescue uses open an account. So the Rescue can pay a monthly Direct Debit or something :?
OMG Money might not buy happiness but it DOES buy health.........

Janex

Yep, this is the rescue Domino is at.

Their regular vet is away on holiday and the staff want payment at the time, they wont let them pay it in a few installments.

I was thinking of setting up a paypal donation thing, if everyone on the forum gave £1 it would really help. Shall I?

I think you need to PM LoopyLop as she is the Fundraising Moderator.
Meanwhile, today I'd ask to speak with the Vet's Practice Manager or the Senior Vet. Given the outbreak of disease they surely have to agree to some sort of payment plan. A written agreement stating their terms for payment ,including the Rescue setting up a monthly DD, would cover the practice legally if the payments were missed/not made.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh bloody money or the LACK THERE- OF :x

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
SOAD said:
I am a fundraiser Mod too, do you want me to put something up? :(

Ooops soweeeeeeee Tree..... :oops:

Janex

Oh no I wasn't mean I was sad because I wasn't asked, the sad face was for the mxy :lol: :lol:

:cry: :cry: that is awful :cry:

I just got a £7 discount for taking 4 buns to be myxi vaccinated at the same time......... would be nice if Southampton got a discount for bulk jabbing

wish my vets did discount for lots of rabbits :( Splodge's Myxi is out of date :shock: I've got him booked in for Friday I was just thinking that I hadn't heard of any Myxi around for a while!!! :(

Back