• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet erm.....No Name...The Breeders Bun.. Update new picture

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
This is the bun I got from the breeder this afternoon I just couldn't leave her there, she is 6 years old and been used as a baby machine and a show rabbit

Bunnies003.jpg

poor little love,at least she will get to enjoy her later years-bless her.she is a pretty lady.

louise and Gus said:
We are PM ing at the mo, looks like it will be friday? That ok for you?

you mean theo has pmed you???? fridays fine with me hun :D i have just spoken to the prospective adoptor and she is very keen, obviously will will spey and vaccinate her first and home check of course!!!

E x

Aw she looks lovely and to have a home to go to so soon is great. She ought to be named Peace as hopefully she'll have some now.

Well, I didn't really know what to expect, But I had discussed it with Jane and it was as I said, when we knocked on the door the lady came out with a cardboard box with the bunny in, no hay, no food, no air holes, I asked if I could see the other buns and she said no because one had just had babies and it would upset the mum!!!!

I insisted a bit more and asked another 3 times if we could go and see the other buns and stepped inside the door, she reluctantly led us through the house to the garden and there were 2 small sheds, each about 6 foot by 4 foot and they were stacked with hutches, you know the breeders type hutches, one on top of another on top of another etc.

Anyway, the doors to the shed were open and there was a lovely grass area but the buns never went on the grass, they spend all their lives in the tiny 3 foot and 4 foot hutches, there were netthies, agouti lops, sooty fawn lops, an angora bun, they all looked clean, but there was no hay, they all had fresh water and food, that mixed flake food!!

She told me that one bun she had been trying to mate couldn't get pregnant and so I talked to her about exercise and diet and she didn't realise thay they should have hay all the time, so she promised to give them all some, we talked to her about neutering and vaccinating her buns none of which she does and she doesn't see the point.

We tried really hard and we gave her some leaflets on diet, neutering, vaccs, welfare etc.etc. and she said she would read them and we agreed that I could go back next week to talk some more.

I brought home the 6 years old doe, I just couldn't leave her there and then I got home and cried my eyes out because of the other 24 rabbits I have left behind and I am really upset because I can't help them, she will not give them up. :cry: :cry:

I will go back next week to try again, I've got to keep trying!!

Sorry this is long and rambling, I just feel so helpless

You did brilliantly.

It is so difficult in that situation first of all to pluck up the courage to say anything at all, and then to remain calm like you have managed to is pretty impressive.

You did the right thing taking her- she already has a home lined up and you've got the lady to listen to you. Whether she takes it all in or not is another story, but at least you have tried x

She is gorgeous (looks very much like my Austin).

Well Done for talking to the lady - whether she listens or not - you have tried. You may get through to her eventually....

What a lovely bunny. Well done for collecting her and talking to the previous owner. You never know something may filter through!!

Good luck dear bunny.

Alice

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.

I just feel so utterly useless, it was out of my control because the breeder wouldn't give them up.

I have chatted to Jane tonight and we are going back next week to have another go and Jane suggested that if I invite her to my house to see how real bunnies should be kept, each with their own shed / hutch and a permanant grass run Jane feels that might have more of an inpact on her but we will keep trying.

I just wish there was more I could do for thise poor bunnies left behind, I can see their faces looking at me almost pleading, OMG it was awful!!

Back