• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lola hasn't pooped yet...

mimi75

Alpha Buck
hi .was due to pick lola up now at the vets after her spey but have had to delay as she hasn't done a poo yet.im hoping to get her at 5:50 fingers crossed.i am a bit concerned with her not pooing because she was in recovery by early lunchtime and its now nearly 4:30 :? how long after surgery is it acceptable not to poo?should i be concerned or am i being silly-i just want my little girl home.x

Awww, well she is in the best place at the vets, I'm sure she will be fine. My sophie was the same after her spay too.

Yeh, it was 3 trips to the vets after soph's spay, so at least Lola won't be getting stressed out going back and forth to the vets :D

She will be fine there :D Keep us updated xxx

Yes, I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. Poppy had her spay three weeks ago and she didn't poo until the next day, and that was only after I took her back to the Vet for a metaclopromide jab. If Lola hasn't pooed after 24 hours, then I'd take her back to the Vet, but she's still got time yet. Let us know how she gets on. Claire x

hi,well lolas home,she is very lively and eating hay but no poo so far!my vet said to take her in tomorrow if she hasn't had one overnight.thanks for the support all and i will definately keep you posted. :D

Its great she is eating :D
I bet you'll see a few poos from her by tomorrow.

If you can find any dandelion leaves they would be good to give her. They are tastey and a natural laxative for Bunnies.

Janex

i think she has done a couple of poos,shame they arn't initialed :lol:i don't think she is very happy with me tho,definate sulk going on poor poppet!

Glad Lola's pooping! Don't worry too much about the stroppiness. My Poppy was in a real strop with me for about two weeks after her spay, but three weeks later she is even more friendly than before and lets me cuddle her, whereas before her spay she just wanted to jump down. She loves us again now and is back to her old self, but more calm. Please keep us updated on Lola's recovery. :) Claire x

hi,lolas has done a few poos over night but if she could walk with her legs crossed im sure she would poor baby.she is eating but looks very sorry for herself-understandably of course :( she is very quiet and seems to be resting.she came into my bedroom last night and refused to leave so i had to unplug every thing within slightest reach and put a rug,litter tray,food and water down for her.thanks again guys

It's a worrying ol' time isnt it.. When i had my boy done last year i had to take time off work because the minute he had stitches in he bit them out and started bleeding on me! I had a huuuuge panic and rushed back to the vet, where he had to have a collar made for him and fitted. So until the stitches could be taken out i had to hand feed and water him and give him supervised time with the collar off (i felt so sorry for him i couldnt leave it on!)
But the end result was so worth it, he is amazingly affectionate and weve never been happier *snuggles him*.

Here's to the end of the worry!

Back