• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits in the rain

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
What do your bunnies do when it suddenly starts to rain? Do they run into their shelter?
Snoopy just sits in the rain and shakes off the water every once in a while. He does not seem to be bothered by the water. So today I put some bubble wrap on top of his run. Of course, no rain shower at all ever since. :lol:

Mine have bubble wrap over their run and the top half of their hutch, they can still see out as the bottom of the hutch and the sides of the run are still open. They don't like it though when the floor gets wet.. they run around flicking their feet!! :lol:

After his operation I gave Snoopy a bowl of water, as he was hopping around in our hall. He drank for a bit, then wiped his wet nose with his feet, then drank again, and so on. It was so cute to watch. :D

despite numerous shelters erected specificly for them, mine almost always choose to sit it the rain. :roll:

Depends how hard it is raining. Usually mine sit out in the rain but we had a huge down pour at the weekend and Austin flew into the shed. Haven't seen him move so fast in years :lol:

Honey and Harly hate the rain! They'll sit out in the run in cold and realy strong winds, but if it's raining they dont venture out the hutch at all

When I've washed my hands Deej loves to sit there under my dripping wet hands! :shock: With my patents cat and dog, if you drip water on either of them they will shake it off and move away - Deej sits up and seem s to like it - silly bun! :lol:

Honey and Harly hate the rain! They'll sit out in the run in cold and realy strong winds, but if it's raining they dont venture out the hutch at all

Hmm although thinking of it again, when the O/H was watering the lawn with the hose in the summer time, they would come right over to the edge of the run to be splashed, and wouls stand up with their paws on the side so could get their belly done and everything. I thought it was great for keeping them cool, but it's a hassle dragging the hose out every hot day, so bought a spray bottle and they hated it! But it made a noise, so Im wondering if it's the noise they don't like - the pump on the spray bottle, and the rain hitting the hutch roof :?

Cosmos doesn't seem to notice but Adele looks really fed up and sits hunched up in as small a ball as possible with a right huff on - the daft cow doesn't always think to go in her nice dry hutch or even the tunnel :roll: !

Caz

Back