• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big Bonded Groups

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I know there's a few people on here with bonded groups. I just wondered what the most buns in your groups? & is there any reason NOT to have big groups? I have a 7 myself, & only problem i've had is keeping Chocolate thin & Cracker fat!! - I feed in pairs so I can make sure no one is wolfing the lot (Joey!!!). Also I have a few vaccinations due at end of October - & that includes the 7, so I might just give in & get a call-out!! :lol:

Also, what floor space is needed for that many buns? I'm not too concerned about mine at min, cos they have 3 qtrs of a room, & are out in the main part of the house, or garden 6 evenings a week, but I was a bit concerned while I was on holiday & my non-rabbity friend was carting buns about through the house :lol:

My biggest group is 6 and they're 4 females, 2 males

Previously I've been taking one or two for vacs a month, but this time I'm going to get the vet out to me for 14 :shock: :?

They live in two trios at the moment, three females, and two males and a female as their shed isn't ready yet :roll:

They both have 6 foot hutches but I still don't think its big enough, but they only spend around 5/6 hours in it overnight.

Providing you have compatible characters I think a big group is preferable, I mean they live in huge groups in the wild.

I eventually intend to have all 12/14 living together :wink:

Gem said:
I eventually intend to have all 12/14 living together :wink:

That would be ace! :D
& at the risk of sounding selfish - Sooooo much easier for me!! - Obviously wouldn't do it if buns didn't seem happy though. :D

Whilst doing a search on here ages ago, im sure i came across an old member who had about 25 living together :eek:

How do you know what kind of buns to bond together, I mean their character? I'd love a bigger bonded group but it seems hard enough to bond two never mind 6 or more :?

mandy said:
Whilst doing a search on here ages ago, im sure i came across an old member who had about 25 living together :eek:

I vaguely remembered that when i posted, but was hoping they would post again!!! :oops: :lol:

kayjay said:
How do you know what kind of buns to bond together, I mean their character? I'd love a bigger bonded group but it seems hard enough to bond two never mind 6 or more :?

Luck :thumb: :lol: :lol:

Angie65 said:
kayjay said:

Luck :thumb: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: think I'll stick to the two then

The biggest group I’ve got is 6 but I’m vaguely thinking of bonding 14 together when we move them into their new room. :wink:

Louise

ellepotter said:
The biggest group I’ve got is 6 but I’m vaguely thinking of bonding 14 together when we move them into their new room. :wink:

Louise

ooo - let us know how it goes :D

I'd like to be able to bond my two pairs into a four but i daren't risk injuries! Phoebe seems to hate Amber with a passion!

Estelle said:
I'd like to be able to bond my two pairs into a four but i daren't risk injuries! Phoebe seems to hate Amber with a passion!

Smirnoff & Chocolate used to be like that, but live together now. Maybe they get over it?? :lol:

Back