• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Home Check

Rogue

Banned
My friend is hoping to visit the local RSPCA shelter to look at some bunnies. I have declined to go along and help, because I don't want to fall in love with one :? . However, she is worried about the home check. Has anyone been through a homecheck before and can let me know what it entails so I can put her mind at rest? :lol:

ask SOAD, i think she homechecks for them, but tell her not to worry too much- they'll basically just want to check hutch and run size, that its fox proof and that shes going to take good care of them and knows about rabbits!

Hiya I home check for them, I'm doing one tonight, you don't live round here do you? :lol:

Ok,. it's all very simple as Mandy said accomodation and exercise area will be checked. :D

The check will cover any other animals your friend may have and what animals she's had in the past.

I cover what type of house they own and who it is owned by. The gardenis check, I also check fences and confirm height if they're having a dog and obviously if the road outside the house is busy (esp for cat).

Hours of work and whether it is permanent employment. General health of adoptor ie age, allergies etc.

How often the animal would be exercised and where, where the animal would sleep, holiday arrangements. I'll explain vet costs and vaccinations, I tend to get the name of their vet too.

Tell her not to worry, I home check now, but I have had three bunnies from the RSPCA and I was checked and it was all fine. :D

I think her biggest concern is her lack of garden. She has a yard at the back, same as we do, except we've recently covered ours in soil and grass seed, so I call it the "mini garden" :lol: . She does visit her parents every day, who have a garden and she intends that the bunny will visit them with her and "play out" while they have tea, but neither of us were sure what the RSPCA would make of it....

Back