• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord Lopsley-Frances Harcourt-Brown's Input...

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Well FHB says she has never seen anything like Lopsley's case :shock: :cry:
She offered a few suggestions:
1-Hepatic Coccidiosis -Christabel thinks not as he did not have any clinical features of the disease

2-A Mutant form of VHD :shock: -Christabel thinks not as a) Lopsley was vaccinated b) None of my other rabbits have become ill.

3-Ingestion of a toxin- BUT WHAT...... :? :cry: and when :?

4-Liver cancer secondary to a Lymphosarcoma :cry:

Without numerous tissue samples (which I could not have afforded as I need the money for the Buns who are here)FHB says that it would be impossibly to guess 'what' or 'why'........ :cry:

She said any Hepatomegaly (gross liver enlargement) can cause loss of blood clotting. This would explain why Lops' abdomen was full of free blood :cry:

I am going to contact a couple of of Vets in the USA and see what they think.
Loosing Lord Lopsley is something I am not going to get over........ :cry:

Janex

Awwww, try not to beat yourself up about it. God only sent him down for a short time so he could show the world how beautifull he was, then he wanted him back for himself.

SOAD said:
Awwww, try not to beat yourself up about it. God only sent him down for a short time so he could show the world how beautifull he was, then he wanted him back for himself.

Thanks Tree.
Same goes for your big baby Drake... :cry:

Janex

So sad, I was a bit shocked today as a friend at work lost one of her bunnies over the weekend. Apparently he was a bit off colour but nothing she could put her finger on (he was eating a bit, drinking and pooing fine) then the next morning he had passed away. No autopsy for this one though, he has been buried. He was only a year or so old. :(

Poor Lopsley :cry: It must be so awful not knowing why he became so ill so quickly - bunnies are such fragile little creatures :(

Back