• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polly & Sybil vet visit update

Flick

Alpha Buck
Well it was our first trip to the vets with our new bunnies on Saturday... The vet said they seemed in good health and their sore (urine burned) feet (from their unfortuate time Oxford before they were rescued) are all healed up! :D

Polly's fur has all grown back after their neuterings :shock: , although Sybil still has a bald patch and Polly's runny eye was an infection - vet cleaned out her tear duct and gave us some eye drops.

Polly seems in a much better mood again now - so maybe she was grumpy as her her eye was sore?! :wink:

They were nervous so behaved well at the vets & the vet was great with them - just trying to get the hang of the eye drops in now they have recovered from shock of vet visit!

Glad they behaved themselves at the vets...and hope Polly isn't too much of a little monkey when it comes to eye-drop time! :D

eye drops

Managed to get eye drops in Sat when she was still scared and kept still but Sunday was a struggle - Dan held Polly (she kept trying to escape) and I put the drops in but I think I got more round her eye than in :oops:

This morning she was in a funny mood again - and tried biting - so I think she is wary after yesterday. We had to get off to work so didn't manage to get any eye drops in. Got her and Sybil eating some pellets out of my hand before I left though so perhaps she will be a bit friendlier tonight...

Any tips on getting the eye drops in? Or keeping hold of her? Also when she starts trying to escape is it best to let go or hang on and try and get the eye drops done? And is it best to try and do it away from their cage and run so out of their territory? We gave them some vegetables afterwards yesterday to try and cheer her up again but she ate them as if in quite a cross mood! :x

If she is a real struggler ..and you must get the drops in or the infection will not clear, then try wrapping a towel around her..it contains their legs so they can't kick or get away..she might not like it but her eye infection must take priority...you can work on bringing her round when it's clear..and i'm sure with foos on offer she'll soon forgive you! :D

bald patch

Manging to get eye drops in at least once a day but not the 3 times as recommended as needs 2 of us to get them in - work limiting time when we are both in at the moment - and also after the once Polly is more difficult to catch for the rest of the day :(
Fortunately I think eye is getting better :)
Also Polly seems to have developed bald patch on neck today :cry:
Just read about chat on vhd vacs and bald neck link. Do you think this could be the case?
They had vhd vacs on Sat. Sybil seems ok - phew!
Both will eat out of my hand, but run and hide if try to handle them. Have been tempting them into carrier with food and lifting them out, but they are not keen!

Back