• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny behaviour question

Aliandbuns

Mama Doe
The other day, I was resting my arm on the edge of the upstairs of the bunnies' hutch and Piper began digging on it. He was only doing it on my fleece jacket (amongst the folds near the inside of my elbow) so I couldn't feel anything, but was wondering why he would want to dig on my arm. :? :lol:

http://maxpages.com/allearsrabbit/Body_Language said:
"Digging on blankets and carpeting means he wants some petting.

could be that i suppose or could just be a get out of my way lol

abi and teegra

EDIT:
this is from the ebonyeyes site
"Another way to get your attention for grooming, popular if you are sitting in a chair at a desk concentrating on work, for instance, is to "dig" on top of your foot by scratching hard. This makes for a real surprise if you don't know the rabbit is down there and you aren't wearing shoes or socks. An invitation to groom is serious business."

LOL today I didn't get the run open quick enough and clove jumped in the tube and sat there and fudge came up behind and started digging at her butt, poor clove couldn't back out quick enough! :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote="cheekytikkithis is from the ebonyeyes site
"Another way to get your attention for grooming, popular if you are sitting in a chair at a desk concentrating on work, for instance, is to "dig" on top of your foot by scratching hard. This makes for a real surprise if you don't know the rabbit is down there and you aren't wearing shoes or socks. An invitation to groom is serious business."[/quote]

This is exactly what Pippa does when I go into the shed. If I'm not paying her enough attention she digs my foot. She loves having nose rubs and would sit there forever I think. My son will only go into the shed now in wellies as she dug his foot and you'd think she'd murdered him :lol:

Well, knowing Piper, I think he probably just wanted me to move my arm then. Not that he could have gone anywhere even if I did, unless he's brave enough to jump out of the upstairs of his hutch in pitch black darkness. :roll: :lol:

Mine only ever dig on me If I am wearing fleece... They absolutely love the feeling of fleece... and thus they have lots of fleece blankets lol.

Back