• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freecycle bunny - Update - sad news

bilbo

Alpha Buck
Hey all
Just picked up the freecycle bunny, shes in a horrid state will update ASAP with pictures (pics are rather graphic).First thoughts are Myxi or Pasturella im swaying more towards myxi..if it is i doubt its treatable as its so far into it :cry: :cry: :cry:
Will update as soon as i can
Emma

Oh crikey can you get her to a Vet today?
RSPCA Putney Hospital should help you out regardless of your status re benefits.

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Spoken to my vet this afternoon.she has said to keep her comfy tempt her to eat,theres not much to be done as antibiotics failed last time. Im going to see my vet again tomorrow and see about the prognosis,doesnt look to good to be honest.The poor ittle love wont eat but iv bough some veggie baby food so im hoping to coax her..i sumhow don't think its her teeth..i think shes not eating because if she eats she cant breathe!
A picture.Please beware its pretty gross :(

poorbunny1.jpg

Thats just one side..when i first picked her up her nose was so crusted she was basically mouth breathing :shock: :(

It doesnt look like myxi
Her eyes would be closed and puffy,ive nursed a myxi rabbit
Looks like some sort of infection :(

They apparently couldnt afford the vets bills.I wasnt too sure about the closed eye thing but thanks for that :) Has put my mind to rest.Trouble is that if its an infection or could be pasturella then...its more then likely in her chest she has really raspy breathing.

oh and when i went to pick her up i was told that the owners wouldnt be in so i had to go round the back and push the gate and take the bunny!! :evil: Ah well doubt they would care if someone stole her anyway!Luckily next door was in and said that she would let them know i had taken her. The next door neighbour was shocked when she saw the state of the bunny :( i would have said something if i was her. :(

Will let you know how i get on tomorrow morning.
Emma

Wouldn't it be worth giving the anti-b's another go since you ownly have the owner's word that it didn't work before? Also, aren't there various different ones you can try?

Spacegirl said:
Wouldn't it be worth giving the anti-b's another go since you ownly have the owner's word that it didn't work before? Also, aren't there various different ones you can try?
Will find out tomorrow, iv just given her some baby food (veggie of course and lapped it down!) well as much s she could in teh state she is!

OMG bless her :(

Well done for getting her, i doubt very many people would have considered taking her on freecycle.

Hope things go well at the vets

well done for taking her, like has already been said doesnt look like mysi to me either and i would say if she is having difficult breathing it probably is pasterella, but would confirm with a vet, there are different type of antibiotics that it can be treated with so if they say the first didnt work :roll: :roll: if they even bothered you could try another!

good luck and let us know what the vets says

Eve x

Emma, thank you so much for taking on this poorly bun.

I made the original post re her, but unfortunately am not in a position to take another bun on at present, both set-up and money wise.

The people on this forum never cease to amaze me with how kind and generous they all are, and how everybody pulls together like this.

cherylwares said:
Emma, thank you so much for taking on this poorly bun.

I made the original post re her, but unfortunately am not in a position to take another bun on at present, both set-up and money wise.

The people on this forum never cease to amaze me with how kind and generous they all are, and how everybody pulls together like this.

Aww thank you :D Thats such a lovely thing to say :)

Oh bless her. I am sure she is feeling much less miserable now. I think bunnies know when they're being cared for. Well done hun. Keep us updated :)

What's her genital area like it's possible that it could be syphilis. I had one come in years ago with all of his face crusted from his eyes down.

Treated him with penicillion(sp) and it cleared with in 10 days :) might be worth a shot.

Good luck with her, I hope the vet can help her tomorrow.

Back