• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sexing a rabbit

Lady Kay

New Kit
I have a two year old pure white rex called Magic and his four month old son? Jinx. While I can tell straight away what sex Magic is I wont put his son? in with him as I'm still not convinced he's a boy! Please help, need more info, Thanks Kay

Hello :wave: If he is a boy, his testicles should be dropping any time now, and it should look pretty similar to his dad. If there is nothing like this very soon, it's fairly likely that Jinx is a girl :shock:

To be honest, even if Jinx is a boy, if you put him in with Magic, it's highly likely that Magic will attack him. Two unneutered boys together is asking for trouble - Magic will more than likely see Jinx as a threat to his territory. :cry:

What has happened to mum and the other babies? Have you just got the two of them at the moment? It could well be more beneficial if Jinx turns out to be a she, as it's very likely that if you neuter Magic (and most people would also suggest spaying a female to prevent uterine cancer) they will be able to live together very happily after a careful introduction. xxx

Back