• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you tumble dry vetbed?

Oh thanks guys.

I probably won't get a reply until Monday but I will let you know what petlife say when they get back to me :)

If it takes a while I may tumble dry one piece I have and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone

Do you put vetbed all over the hutch floor. I have just bought some for the first time and my three mini lops seemed to like it but my frenchie seemed to try and avoid it. Don't know if he found it too hot as he kept lifting it up and lying on the bare hutch. How have your buns found it?

Well I have a playhouse and I cannot afford to line the whole thing with vet bed. The bits that are in there are in places he just chills out and he seems to like it. I think that may be because Zion is a rex and he can get sore hocks so he finds comfort in the vetbed on his feet.

I think he still prefers to sleep in his hay box though.

Shiv

I have half and half . sometimes harvey likes to roll underneath it and hide!!

When its on the radiator drying, he'll pull it off and lie on it on the floor!!

:lol:
IMG_0718Small.jpg

Considering what vetbed does to washing machines (mine is clogged and leaking again :roll: ) I don't think I'd want to muck up a drier too. Anyway it dries so quickly I can't see the point (at least when your machine can drain, mine is coming out dripping at the mo :roll: ) I dry mine over the stable door in my kitchen.

I would never use it for everyday bedding as it is so bad for the machine. But it is the best thing for animals with mucky bums or ones that are getting over ops.

I wash mine in a pillowcase to avoid it going bitty or clogging the machine, seems to have worked so far!!

Haven't had to tumble try it though, it dries pretty quickly on the airer.

:D

I cant see my vet bed fitting in a pillow case!! I'd need to put it in a quilt cover.
But seriously does it kill your washing machine?

Back