• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Trained

Apache

Mama Doe
When I first got Alfred, within 24 hours, he was just using his litter tray and was an absolute angel for that. Then when Matilda (his wife arrived), it was an absolute nightmare the pair for them where going all over the place.

Plus at this point Alfred became ill and was drinking over a litre of water a day, and Matilda was copying him everytime he drank - so you can imagine how much was coming out the other end.

The behavious of going all over the hutch and run continued when Alfred got better, although what was interesting, was that after he'd turned on her and I'd seperated them, he went back to being beautifully litter trained. While Matilda isn't quite 100%, she's there about 90% of the time - which is a huge improvement.

I presume they must both of been constantly marking their territory...

Jx

That's interesting as both MJ and Pippa, who are still madly in bunny love, use their litter trays. Pippa was litter trained (ish) before but MJ wasn't, so he must be copying her and using the trays too. I've only had one wee outside of the trays and that was because madam shredded newspaper all over the shed and then pee'd on it :lol:

Maybe using the toilet together is a sign of bunny bonding and if they don't then it's not going so well?!!

I was wondering if that was the case too...

I'm really pleased that Pippa & MJ are getting on so well, that is lovely :D

Jx

Back