• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

undescended testicles

caismeister

Alpha Buck
my male rabbit is 5 months old now and still had un-descended testicles. he is male and i just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this with any of their rabbits

Yes, I did with my french Lop Billy had to have an operation to have them removed as they were still up in his tummy and would never have come down. I was told they can become cancerous if they are not removed.

Check it out with the vet and see what he says. Don't panic though as I'm sure it can sll be sorted easy enough.

Maureen

MoBunny said:
Yes, I did with my french Lop Billy had to have an operation to have them removed as they were still up in his tummy and would never have come down. I was told they can become cancerous if they are not removed.

Check it out with the vet and see what he says. Don't panic though as I'm sure it can sll be sorted easy enough.

Maureen

yep if they dont decend they can become cancerous rather quickly so need removing, see your vet!

Pippin had one undescended testicle at 5 months and our Vet suggested waiting one more month to see if it descended naturally. It didn't but she could feel that it was on its way down and was able to manipulate it down when neutering him. She said it was best not to leave it as they can turn cancerous. All went well with the op.

Back