• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What about this for a housing solution for 3 bunnies?

toffee

Mama Doe
I have been deliberating what would be the best way to house 3 of my buns together outside. A playhouse is not really an option as a) my house is rented and b) I wouldn't be able to take it with me if I moved.

I have been thinking about buying 2 Thistle Halls ( http://www.petsathome.com/invt/13200 ) and joining them together to make a megahutch.

What do you think? Would this be practical?

You'd have to think of a way to connect them, but I do like Thistle Hall. It's on offer at our P@H, £20 off, so a good time to get it.

A Thistle Hall IS big enough for 3 Buns. Ive got my three in one and their is enough room for all of them to hop and run around. I have also recently attached a run too. I think i read on here that someone keeps four in a Thistle Hall.

m
xx

mit said:
A Thistle Hall IS big enough for 3 Buns. Ive got my three in one and their is enough room for all of them to hop and run around. I have also recently attached a run too. I think i read on here that someone keeps four in a Thistle Hall.

m
xx

Hmmm.... not sure - one of my 3 is quite a big bun. I will go and look at one to see. I could always get one to try and buy another as an extension if necessary.

I have just (finally!) got my custom hutch/run from Happy Hutch. It is a 6x2 hutch on a 6x5 run and cost £165 INCLUDING delivery!!
I think you can do much better for the money.
I can also recommend the Albany road pet shop guy who makes hutches and runs on ebay - they are great value.

It's me that has 4 buns in Thistle Hall :D BUT they are all very small buns.. not much bigger than nethies really.

toffee said:
mit said:

m
xx

Hmmm.... not sure - one of my 3 is quite a big bun. I will go and look at one to see. I could always get one to try and buy another as an extension if necessary.

I stood in P@H earlier looking at it, and I have one biggish dwarf lop and one smaller one and I wouldn't put them in it. I'd have to go for a 6 ft hutch for them, they have a 4ft in their shed that they can retreat into and if they're both in it it's quite crowded.

I like Thistle Hall but personally would only use it for smaller buns, unless as you say you join 2 together which would give a huge space then as the height and depth is fine so you'd have 8ftx2ftx2ft which is great. Attach a run on the front for summer and it would be perfect :D

Back