• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thistle Hall on offer

kayjay

Warren Veteran
Went into P@H today and they have Thistle Hall for £109.99, £20 off. I'm very tempted to expand my bunny family :D

how big is thistle hall please?

theres lots of bunns waiting for a lovely mum like you at Kirkby Pet Welfare :wink: :lol:

Thistle Hall has a Massive Thumbs Up from Moi!!!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It is Huge!! Very roomy!! :D

m
xx

mandy said:

theres lots of bunns waiting for a lovely mum like you at Kirkby Pet Welfare :wink: :lol:

It's 4 ft wide but quite deep and two levels. Roomy I think for a pair of small buns, I'd like a couple of lionheads, or a lionhead and a netherland dwarf. Working on the hubby. He actually said yesterday "you can have 20 giant bunnies if it makes you happy" so I don't think he needs much work!!

kayjay said:
mandy said:

It's 4 ft wide but quite deep and two levels. Roomy I think for a pair of small buns, I'd like a couple of lionheads, or a lionhead and a netherland dwarf. Working on the hubby. He actually said yesterday "you can have 20 giant bunnies if it makes you happy" so I don't think he needs much work!!

what a great hubby!

Yes he's a good'un but don't know what he'd actually say if he came home and found 20 Giants hopping around the garden. Think he'd faint :lol:

He also thinks I should go through one winter visiting, playing with and cleaning out MJ and Pippa before I get anymore (I think he thinks I'll go off the idea once it's wet and chilly!)

hunnybun said:
They wobble, they have plywood floor and backing, the locks are rubbish and they let in rain!! sorry

Ive got two and mine don't wobble, the plywood is good quality, locks are fine and rain, no rain gets in to my hutch. They are strong hutchs. :D

Maybe you got a bad apple. :(

m
xx

bilbo said:
just over 4 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot.Its huge and VERY heavy!

I hate to burst your bubble but since when is a 4ft hutch huge? :? My guinea pigs are in bigger hutches than that 8)

bilbo said:

Oh, i'm confused now...are we all talking about the same hutch? Because the site Jane linked says that it's 4.5 foot wide, and 4 foot tall?

sgprescue said:
bilbo said:

I hate to burst your bubble but since when is a 4ft hutch huge? :? My guinea pigs are in bigger hutches than that 8)

Its Double Storey. So times that by 2. :)

m
xx

cute_fuzzies said:
bilbo said:

Oh, i'm confused now...are we all talking about the same hutch? Because the site Jane linked says that it's 4.5 foot wide, and 4 foot tall?

Yep, its bigger than 4ft, and yes it is 4ft tall.

It's 136.5 cm wide x 123 cm deep x 70.5 cm deep which translates to 4 and a half feet x 4ft high (2 ft for each level) x 2 and quarter ft deep

I personally wouldn't put Pippa and MJ in it as I don't think that's enough space as they're dwarf lop size, however I think for smaller buns there's enough room. You can attach a run to the front too.

Quality wise - I agree the bolts aren't adequate but I think the rest of it's ok for the price.

I suspect that the 4.5 feet is the external dimensions including the roof overhang, it's probably 4ft long inside. Can someone who has one, measure the size of the hole and the size of the area downstairs which is under or around the ramp? I'm curious as to the square footage of useable floor area in a 2ft deep double storey hutch.

But mostly I think I don't like them just because PAH make them :lol:

AlisonA said:
But mostly I think I don't like them just because PAH make them :lol:

No prejudice there then!! :lol:

I dont think much of them because the bolts are rubbish, there is only a single-layer galvanised mesh frontage. Its not really big enough unless a good sized run were to be permenantly attached. The base isn't that sturdy and.....well......its from P@H!! :lol:

Janex

Back