• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit tantrums

I was in the garden this morning, putting more food in their bowl, and fresh water (water bowl not bottle)

Fifi came bounding out of her hiding place and grabbed the water bowl and tipped it over. She then picked up the food bowl with her teeth and hurled it

Why do they do that ?

It's a retorical question really, as they are miffed with me catching them and putting them back in their shed, after having been in the garden for the last few months

Does anyone else have rabbits with attitude ?

ahhhh bless ;)

Yes - i do have buns with attitude - but then I use 'time outs' on them when they have been bad (I put them in their travel box if they have been misbehaving) until they calm down - then they get let out...

It tends to sort them out for the little things ;)

all my rabbits have been stroppy :lol:

Its worth getting ceramic bowls to stop them throwing things around :wink:

woodstock said:
I put them in their travel box if they have been misbehaving
It tends to sort them out for the little things ;)

I don't have the heart to do that

I once tried putting fifi in a "sinbin" of 2mx2mx2m...but she just started digging to get out

yep I have stroppy bunnies too :lol: especially Amy!

Fudge will protest and throw things a bit but eventually do as he's told, Niamh, Splodge, Toffee and Caramel all have a stamp from time to time if they're cross with me, but Amy has full blown Diva tantrums :shock: she growls, bites, kickes, stamps, empties bowls, bins and anything else thats at hand :shock: :lol:

teegra had tantrums lol mainly if he hasn't been let out to free range (like when i was trying trying to repair the cable he chewed) you will be downstairs and hear him stamping around or digging at his metal tray if you walk in he hides and turns his back on you :lol:

abi and teegra

You all need to get a rudy :lol: :lol: I've never seen him have a strop - mind you, he is a sensative little soul :lol:

Sophie however...... is a stroppy little madam 100% of the time :lol: I have to take her ceramic bowl out too when she is done with it as she throws it around :shock:

cheekytikki said:
if you walk in he hides and turns his back on you :lol:

Fifi does that to me too :lol:

So annoying when she knows I am there and as I move to the side to make eye contact, she shuffles her butt around to avoid it :roll:

The shoe is on the other foot when I show her a banana, all friendly and nuzzling :lol:

Bobby and Ruby like throwing things around, but I think they're just playing. I found their food bowl in their box of hay the other day :shock: and I can't give them a treat ball as it inevitable ends up in the water bowl. But, they're happy, and that's the main thing.

piningforarabbit said:
cheekytikki said:
if you walk in he hides and turns his back on you :lol:

Fifi does that to me too :lol:

So annoying when she knows I am there and as I move to the side to make eye contact, she shuffles her butt around to avoid it :roll:

The shoe is on the other foot when I show her a banana, all friendly and nuzzling :lol:

hahahaha i think fifi and teegra must be related if he is in major strop mode i just show him some banana and all is forgiven

abi and teegra

Back