• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please solve this argument

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Carys says rabbits come into season (has a period) every two month. I have said that they don't have periods or seasons at all.

who's right?

My friends bunny definitely had periods I have seen the blood twice, only little spots but I have seen it.

I dont know whether piggies reproductive systems are similar to bunnies but my mum's girlie piggies have all always had their lil periods :)

BirdieBun said:
My friends bunny definitely had periods I have seen the blood twice, only little spots but I have seen it.

I dont know whether piggies reproductive systems are similar to bunnies but my mum's girlie piggies have all always had their lil periods :)

you sure its not red wee?

Wot are you two like :shock: :lol: No they don't have seasons, I think mating etc triggers ovulation, although hormones can play havoc and cause phantom pregnancies :cry: For the benefit of anyone doing a search for this kind of info in the future...If a bun genuinely is having occasional bleeding from there, I'd hazard a guess that it has uterine cancer or something similar and this is causing swelling/internal bleeding on an occasional hormonal basis. Any bleeding from down that end is abnormal and needs to be looked at by a vet.

Rabbits are induced ovulators. So they only ovulate when they see/smell 'I'm up for it' :oops: behaviour from a Buck or if they are humped by another Doe (dominance humping :roll: )

However, Does vary in their receptivitey. They tend to ......errrrmmmm....fancy a bit of rumpy-pumpy :oops: every 18 days.
So there is a sort of 'receptivity cycle' as opposed to an ovulatory one.

:D :D

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Rabbits are induced ovulators. So they only ovulate when they see/smell 'I'm up for it' :oops: behaviour from a Buck or if they are humped by another Doe (dominance humping :roll: )

However, Does vary in their receptivitey. They tend to ......errrrmmmm....fancy a bit of rumpy-pumpy :oops: every 18 days.

Janex

Yep this is true apperently the same as cats :wink:

Jack's-Jane said:
They tend to ......errrrmmmm....fancy a bit of rumpy-pumpy :oops: every 18 days.

Janex

Thats what ive read.

m
xx

Piggies dont bleed either,if a piggie was bleeding im be straight down the vets :shock:
The only time one of my piggies had blood down below was when she had a polop on her prvite parts and it caused blood in her wee

bluebunny said:
Piggies dont bleed either,if a piggie was bleeding im be straight down the vets :shock:
The only time one of my piggies had blood down below was when she had a polop on her prvite parts and it caused blood in her wee

My mums piggies have always had periods when I say blood there may be a little tiny weeny bit. But all of them so far have had them and one was 7 years old so it wasn't through illness :)

AlisonA said:
Wot are you two like :shock: :lol: No they don't have seasons, I think mating etc triggers ovulation, although hormones can play havoc and cause phantom pregnancies :cry: For the benefit of anyone doing a search for this kind of info in the future...If a bun genuinely is having occasional bleeding from there, I'd hazard a guess that it has uterine cancer or something similar and this is causing swelling/internal bleeding on an occasional hormonal basis. Any bleeding from down that end is abnormal and needs to be looked at by a vet.

I totally agree

well thats answered a quiery i have always had :D -i never knew if they came'into season' as i have never spotted any blood.

Jack's-Jane said:

Ohhh that explains Clio's random humping days every couple of weeks then!! Thanks Jane :thumb: :lol: :lol:

Back