• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it wrong to...

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
'Borrow' my 'friends' rabbit and have him neutered?

It's my fault she's got the bunnies, and she was supposed to have them neutered, but she keeps breeding from them :(

I was thinking about asking to borrow Ginge to 'breed' from and then get him snipped :?

Oh she's not my friend anymore, but she still thinks she is

Erm no I really wouldn't do that if I was you. If she wants to get him neutered and can't afford it, I would offer to lend her the money. If someone did something to my buns without my permission I would seriously kick their head in :lol: .

NO you must not do this without her permission. It would be illegal.
As much as I am against people breeding rabbits without thinking it through , you cannot have a surgical procedure done on another person's animal without her permission..how would you feel?
Also you could find yourself on the wrong end of a legal case.

Gem, its a difficult one isn't it? I am sure its upsetting and you feel partially responsible as you encouraged her to get them. Sometimes, after you have tried to persuade someone not to do something, you have to decide to let them continue their life without you in it and concentrate on things you can change. Hopefully she will grow tired of it.

Agree with what others have said.

But where did she get them from? If from you, say you want him back as she knows your feelings on breeding and shes expressly gone against what you said.

Why not print off that care info about breeding on the RR page and put it through her letterbox?

I would just go tell her you want him back in order to have him castrated and that she will have to pay for all or some of the vets bill.

I have it stated in my agreements that any rabbits from my rescue are not to be used for breeding but they all have their op's before they go anyway.

Go tell her she is not on!!! :wink:

Is she ACTUALLY breeding from him or has she got a male and a female who live together and they are breeding by them selfs??

m
xx

What's the difference? It doesn't take a genius.....

And Gem, no! As much as I appreciate your sentiments on this one I would not be happy if someone messed with my rabbits, even if it was with the best intentions, as I believe I do what's best for them. I think as others suggested you need to get some more info to them so they can make more informed decisions for themselves.

Um it should also be pointed out the op carries the risk of complications (even death) cause of the need for a general anesthetic - you really can't take that risk with another persons pet, no matter how much you want to stop them breeding the bun. :? :(

Back