• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had to rescue my buns!

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
From the rain!!!!!
I put them all out this morning and covered the runs up.but its raining really heavy i looked out of the window and lilac and shadows run was flooded and so was porkys,so i put my wellies and water proof jacket on and have just got soaked for the second time today :? :lol:
How do you manage to keep outdoor rabbits dry with weather like this?
i cant wait for them all to become house rabbits again!

When its torrential, only the big six and the small trio can come out

The big have hutches at ground level so they can choose what to do and the small trio have a table in their enclosure so the can also choose.

Those that have to use grass based runs have to stay in unfortunately :(

In pouring rain I'll keep the bunnies in the hutch. Snoopy has to stay indoors today, anyway, so that's not a problem. We are making a perspex shutter/awning type thingy, and with the leftover perspex I will cover the run during light rain.

at the moment buzz is shut in his hutch, not that he seems bothered, i can hear him playing with his toys from here! im tempted to get a mini run and have under the hutch with a ramp from the front down, it should stay dry with the hutch and overhang, and give him some fresh air. alternatively i have to let him loose in the kitchen and utility for a while. i feel worse for the guineas, i have been out and handpicked 5 bagfulls of grass for them, but i cant let them outside on it until its dry, which unfortunately wont be until next spring i think.

BirdieBun said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooooh when are they becoming house buns??? Are you having all of them back inside?
When we move house :)
Alfie and truffle are having a 10 ft X6ft shed
Lilac shadow claude miffy and porky will be indoors :)

We have a tarpaulin over the run, which keeps its mainly dry, its just around the edges, but the buns normally sit in their cardboard box, or just retreat to the shed.

Back