• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Chiropractor

Absolutely not. You have too much money. There was a case at CNN about 2 mth. ago, that some employee at a pet store "poke" a dog and claim he is massage the dog. In about 1/2 hr., the dog passed away.

Chrio is to release the gas in btwn. the gap of each bone joint. With rabbit so delicate, there is no way chrio can work on them.

Besides, in one of the american tv show about 2 years ago, I think it's 20/20, they air a case of a chriopracticer who adjust the neck of a person, and that person become paralyzed for the rest of her life. She received a $1 million settlement from her law suit.

Not that I know, but I have read about members doing physio for their rabbits when necessary.

I use physio for Buns with compromised hind leg function.
My Vet is a qualified Accupuncturist
Not had any personal experience with Buns seeing a Chiropractor.

I always say if a conventional (open minded!!) Vet says OK and you can afford it why not give it a go.
Thankfully my Vet is very much pro COMPLIMENTARY treatments

:D :D

Janex

Yes, I have used a McTimoney chiropractor for Dakota and it has helped her I think. She is much livlier and bouncy!

I get McTimoney chiropractic myself, so does my husband and our dogs.

You need to make sure that they are McTimoney ones though and that they are qualified for animals.

McTimoney chiro realignes mainly the spine to release tension on the bones and muscles and to bring things back into balance. It works very well on dogs and cats, and there is absolutely no reason why it should not work on bunnies. And no, McTimoney chiropractors don't "poke" the animals, it is a very gentle and non-invasive manipulation of the bones.

Vera

ive had one for my pony, sorted his back in 2 sessions. much easier on a horse though, not sure how you would manipulate a tiny little rabbit, or how still they would stay for it. that said my pony fell asleep, he looked like it felt really good.

Back