• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When are your rabbits most active?

Austin always gets up for breakfast then goes back to bed where he stays pretty much till tea time. He only gets up occassionally to eat and use the litter tray. About 6.30pm he turns into the duracell bunny... :lol:

Ted and Dougal are always on the go, especially today! Every time I check on them they freeze and give me innocent looks, like they were doing something wrong!

They usually sleep in the afternoon!

Buns goin Crazy in the mornin when i come out to feed them. Running around like headless chickens. They laz during the day and are active in the evening and in the mornings.

m
xx

I think Audreys a very typical rabbit, shes pretty lazy during the day and very lively in the morning and evenings.

Mine are most active about 10:30 at night, so I'm sure they will be binking around very soon. They did go through a spell of being very active and noisy at five in the morning, they seem to have gotten over that thank god! Or anytime they think there may be food around :lol:

louise and Gus said:
Mine are most active about 10:30 at night, so I'm sure they will be binking around very soon. They did go through a spell of being very active and noisy at five in the morning, they seem to have gotten over that thank god! Or anytime they think there may be food around :lol:

ouch! lol maybe have to install one of those self sevice things if they return to that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just put buns to bed in their hutch/run - this is the first night in about 3 months that they are out, otherwise they are in the kitchen all night.

I feel most guilty now as they are really active this time of night ... will they be all right???

With 19 house Rabbits somebody is active most of the day. They are very good at night and settle down once they have been fed and the drapes put over there cages. Our two free-range Rabbits sit sit/sleep under the kitchen table at night and are most active in the morning.

Louise

bunnylove said:
louise and Gus said:

ouch! lol maybe have to install one of those self sevice things if they return to that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they were doing it on purpose cos I'd been away...they were very sulky as well :roll:

Deej is pretty active most of the day, If I'm around he loves to follow me and if I settle down to watch TV he often lays down too! :D

If they are free ranging in the garden they are most active at 5pm when they are impossible to get back into their cages, before then they are average. Also 10pm and 5am are active times.

mine are WIDE awake for breakfast then are subdued till tea time :? pattern here?then they are awake and don't go to bed till midnight and even then they want to stay up with me!!!

ellepotter said:
With 19 house Rabbits somebody is active most of the day. They are very good at night and settle down once they have been fed and the drapes put over there cages. Our two free-range Rabbits sit sit/sleep under the kitchen table at night and are most active in the morning.

Louise
OMG :shock:
Didnt realise you had so many louise :)
Any pics of your setups?
what do they live in?
im soon to be moving 5 indoors i need ideas :)

bluebunny said:
Any pics of your setups?
what do they live in?

No photos at the moment I'm afraid as there is something wrong with the camera software on my computer. :roll:

Two are free range in the house (residing in the kitchen at the moment while we are training the puppy), two have a large pen in the attic room approx 6ftx5ft, the others live in various bonded groups in my main Rabbit room in either single dog crates or dog crates joined together for the larger groups (they are a royal pain in the backside to join together! :lol: ).

Each group gets 3-4 hours exercise outside there crates/pens everyday in a 10ftx12ft room full of toys/ramps/hides etc.

I spend most of my day rotating Rabbits and sweeping the floors but its well worth it. :wink: :)

Louise

ellepotter said:
bluebunny said:
Any pics of your setups?
what do they live in?

No photos at the moment I'm afraid as there is something wrong with the camera software on my computer. :roll:

Two are free range in the house (residing in the kitchen at the moment while we are training the puppy), two have a large pen in the attic room approx 6ftx5ft, the others live in various bonded groups in my main Rabbit room in either single dog crates or dog crates joined together for the larger groups (they are a royal pain in the backside to join together! :lol: ).

Each group gets 3-4 hours exercise outside there crates/pens everyday in a 10ftx12ft room full of toys/ramps/hides etc.

I spend most of my day rotating Rabbits and sweeping the floors but its well worth it. :wink: :)

Louise
Sounds Great :)
We have a huge attic roomIn the new house,im thinking of using this as the rabbit play room

Back